Safari users unable to agree to terms and conditions. Can't checkout

ingenium13

A lot of my customers have run into an issue over the past several months. It's turned into a fairly significant percentage that's affecting sales. We get emails daily about it from new and repeat customers. They're saying that when they try to checkout, they can't check the box to agree to the terms and conditions. That they check it and nothing happens (ie, the payment methods don't appear), so they can't finish checking out. It's as though the javascript isn't running. I eventually determined that they were all using Safari (usually iOS, but sometimes OS X or iPad), and when they switched to another browser it worked. This appeared out of no where, and we hadn't upgraded Prestashop or any modules for months before it began happening.

I've tried replicating the issue locally with the latest version of Safari on OS X, iPhone, and iPad, but it always seems to work. I've had friends and colleagues try it, and it works for them as well. The customers with issues are all insisting that Javascript is enabled and that they aren't using adblocking.

I'm running Prestashop 1.6.1.23, but I also had the issue with 1.6.1.18. I upgraded in the hopes that it would fix it, but it didn't. My theme is basically stock, with only a couple minor modifications (only for layout on the homepage, no changes to any other sections), so it seems unlikely that this would be the culprit.

I suspect that Apple changed something in Safari that is somehow preventing the javascript from running correctly to display the payment methods? Has anyone else experienced this, or have an idea of what might be the reason or a possible fix / work around?