How to duplicate PrestaShop 1.7.x website on subdomain while keeping database the same for main domain and subdomain

Tariq84

Hello everyone! I need some help please... I want to create a subdomain for my website (PS 1.7.5) and copy all the files there and then do some theme modifications through custom.css files. But I need to keep the same database connected for the new subdomain and my main domain. 

Is this possible? Any ideas are appreciated.

Edited by Tariq84 (see edit history)

Hi @NemoPS and thank you for the reply.

Let me explain further:

I have a PS website let's say xyz.com and it's running well so far.

I want to add a subdomain OR a folder for another shop, let's say abc.xyz.com OR xyz.com/abc

I want  to create a duplicate of the database but keep it synced with thr subdomain or folder and I want to change things in the design. 

So basically I will have the main domain as is and the subdomain or folder connected to the same database but different custom.css files

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2019 at 6:42 AM, Tariq84 said:

Hello everyone! I need some help please... I want to create a subdomain for my website (PS 1.7.5) and copy all the files there and then do some theme modifications through custom.css files. But I need to keep the same database connected for the new subdomain and my main domain. 

Is this possible? Any ideas are appreciated.

Tariq, have you solved your issue? I am having same issue and spent over hours to experiment but no success.

Same question here: Why do you want to keep same database? This is very risky for any testing purposes. Techically it probaly won't work as the shops (sub) domain is stored in the database, so I think without changing code you can have one only shop per DB (except multi-shop)

6 hours ago, JBW said:

Same question here: Why do you want to keep same database? This is very risky for any testing purposes. Techically it probaly won't work as the shops (sub) domain is stored in the database, so I think without changing code you can have one only shop per DB (except multi-shop)

I agree that it is risky indeed, but in my case I do not have issue if the database is different and keep it separate on sub-domain but my main concern is design, i want same design for my sub domain, i tried all options, none worked, even i created new database and imported the main domain database into that new database for sub domain it did not work as well. Any thoughts from you?