Beginner to API's. What do i need to know?

DJFearRoss

The company we buy our products from has some API's to update products, stock quantity etc.

To do this they have stated the following info; " API uses HTTP verbs and a RESTful endpoint structure. OAuth 2.0 is used as the API Authorization framework. Request and response payloads are formatted as JSON. "

I don't have a computer science background so i'm a bit lost with this .  What exactly do i need to learn to be able to link our website with our suppliers, so the stock information they hold can be shown on our website?

From the web i understand I need to know Javascript but can someone be a bit more specific and post me in the right direct for a 'beginner'.

Javascript is not related with this.

You need to create 2 processes, one to read the information from your provider's API and another one to insert this data into your PS.

EDIT: But I mean, the information that they give you is not relevant with PS. They could have a TXT, XLS, database, etc. Doesn't matter. You need a process to read this information and then a process to insert in PS, but they are independent.

Edited by joseantgv (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...