back office modules page not displaying

Anyone else having the problem when they attempt to go to the modules tab it doesn't load the page past the selection bar? In other words even though I selected the install the 100 modules free it doesn't give any access to the modules to be able to use them, the page just hangs before loading...ver 1.4 RC6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi webcrafter, just found the solution, for me at least. It was the firewall to block the access. Looks like this page needs to check on the Internet. This is an issue because it means you can't manage the modules if your not connected to the net.

Thanks! Mine is working fine on my Xampp server locally but not working on the live Apache server which is strange, though I saw in another thread it could possibly be that there are to many modules in relation to the php max memory setting, haven't tried the solution yet but sounded pretty promising...

Thanks!
Brad

Hi, another reason I found is some modules crashing the "Modules" pane. I suggest to install just the standard modules and then install one by one the others. When you install a breaking module it's not possible to unistall it normally, in that case I removed the offending folder. I would be better to perform a complete uninstall but I'm quite new at PS, some more experienced members could help.

I did just did a fresh install, new 1.4 final shop, picked the Full modules options and have run into the same thing, blank module screen.

I've installed many a shop too on our servers ok, so nothing I know on my end that I can see.

Any suggestions? Anyone actually figure out which one is broke perhaps?

I found the solution:
you have to put this line in the config.inc.php :

ini_set('memory_limit', '30M');

(you can put something else than 30M; it just work for me with 30M)
explanation : this page consume a lot of memory and for me, php was configured for only 16M.

sorry for my poor english...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...