[SOLVED] Unfortunately, there is no payment method available. Prestashop 1.7.5

Hello All, Your assitance would be greatly appreciated.

I Used to have no problems with payment and checking out, until a few days back i tried installing a custom payment module i created.....It displayed once on Order page, the payment step, and after choosing it, i had an error page show up. But it only worked once, ever since then i've had this show whenever i try to initiate payment. 

I've done all i can, visited the forum searching for similar problems,
enabled debug mode,
cleared cache,
uninstalled the custom payment module,
uninstalled the payment module which used to work,
Reinstalled cash on delivery (the payment module which used to work),
checked country restrictions under payment preferences,
locations under international,
configuration under international - localizations,
currency under international.....

Nothing seems to work, I have no idea why. Is it possible me adding the new payment module messed up the previous modules and the whole payment system? And how can i resolve it please.

If you need anymore details, i would be happy to provide

Edited by IdrissZ (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, IdrissZ said:

@El Patron Assisted me with my Issue,

He Saved the info from the payment modules already installed, reset them from the module page and re-filled the fields.
The hooks to the payment module were not configured properly, So @El Patron corrected that under Design - Positions.

Hi can you or @ElPatron send more especifications please? Whats he changes into design positions? Thanks in advance!

On 5/5/2019 at 8:29 AM, MyDesignAr said:

Hi can you or @ElPatron send more especifications please? Whats he changes into design positions? Thanks in advance!

Modules use 'hooks'.  It's possible that modules are 'not' hooked properly.  I suggest,  copying/saving any module configuration as you may need to reapply. 

Then 'reset' the module,  check and update module configuration as required.

Then check that module shows up as expected.

If not then you may need to uninstall, if you do this make sure you have module zip file backed up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Patron said:

Modules use 'hooks'.  It's possible that modules are 'not' hooked properly.  I suggest,  copying/saving any module configuration as you may need to reapply. 

Then 'reset' the module,  check and update module configuration as required.

Then check that module shows up as expected.

If not then you may need to uninstall, if you do this make sure you have module zip file backed up.

I have this module in 2 projects, one in 1.7.5 (new site) and it works well in frontend, but is not associated to payment category into the backend modules categories (thats strange). Then i have the same module in a site migrated from version 1.6 to 1.7, the same module in the last version that is working into the other prestashop site, but is not working here in the front end (and i have the same problem into the backend).

This is the module i'm using: https://github.com/mercadopago/cart-prestashop-7

Edited by MyDesignAr (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 11:02 PM, IdrissZ said:

He Saved the info from the payment modules already installed, reset them from the module page and re-filled the fields.
The hooks to the payment module were not configured properly, So @El Patron corrected that under Design - Positions.

I got the same error. I reset it from Module Manager (Step will include connecting to Paypal and ask for Paypal authorization again.)

After it, it works again.

Thanks

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, MyDesignAr said:

I have this module in 2 projects, one in 1.7.5 (new site) and it works well in frontend, but is not associated to payment category into the backend modules categories (thats strange). Then i have the same module in a site migrated from version 1.6 to 1.7, the same module in the last version that is working into the other prestashop site, but is not working here in the front end (and i have the same problem into the backend).

This is the module i'm using: https://github.com/mercadopago/cart-prestashop-7

I recommend  opening a new topic with module name you are using in subject.  that module has a lot of moving parts, also consider dupe subject in Spanish forum.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @El Patron.

I have similar problem lasting trough different 1.7 PS versions (currently 1.7.6). This problem lasts even with all latest upgrades of modules.

Thing is, that I use 3 different payment modules PayPal (native), Bank wire (native), COD with fee. 

Those modules work very good itself, but every time I change ANYTHING in menu Payment - > Preferences (for example setting currency for PayPal, or COD), after saving the setting

ALL THREE PAYMENT OPTIONS DISAPPEAR from the checkout process and customer gets a message "Unfortunately, there is no payment method available."

I've checked the positions, modules are still hooked in the paymentOptions. I've tried to remove the hooks, then transplant it back.. nothing helps.

I've tried to uninstall and install back all the modules one by one and then repeat the whole process with changing menu Payment - > Preferences, but result is still the same. Nothing helps.

Only way to get working it back is to reset every module and set it up again (connecting, filling all the fields etc.)

This is so annoying. Do you have any idea where the problem can be?

Thank you very much for any reply.

Andrej

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 4:32 AM, www.exclusivepen.eu said:

Hi @El Patron.

I have similar problem lasting trough different 1.7 PS versions (currently 1.7.6). This problem lasts even with all latest upgrades of modules.

Thing is, that I use 3 different payment modules PayPal (native), Bank wire (native), COD with fee. 

Those modules work very good itself, but every time I change ANYTHING in menu Payment - > Preferences (for example setting currency for PayPal, or COD), after saving the setting

ALL THREE PAYMENT OPTIONS DISAPPEAR from the checkout process and customer gets a message "Unfortunately, there is no payment method available."

I've checked the positions, modules are still hooked in the paymentOptions. I've tried to remove the hooks, then transplant it back.. nothing helps.

I've tried to uninstall and install back all the modules one by one and then repeat the whole process with changing menu Payment - > Preferences, but result is still the same. Nothing helps.

Only way to get working it back is to reset every module and set it up again (connecting, filling all the fields etc.)

This is so annoying. Do you have any idea where the problem can be?

Thank you very much for any reply.

Andrej

Hi Andrej,

to be honest?  you should build a relationship with a PS expert who can assist on annoying issues.  I recommend contacting @razaro he can provide tech support when you run into issues or have questions. 

also side note, typical PS shop admin can only take their shops so far....save your money up and hire an agency to take your shop to the highest level, they just need catalog

• 3 months later...

I had same problem, after saving new "payment preferences" (carrier restrictions in my case). The payment stopped working for one carrier. Resetting payment module helped.

Edit: actually id didnt, I have two carriers and no matter what I do always for one the payment is unavailable (despite settings in "carriers restrictions" which I keep always selected). There is some bug with how the payment module decides if it can be used for specific carier.

Edited by Greg1234 (see edit history)

On 2/11/2019 at 8:32 PM, IdrissZ said:

Thank You @IdrissZ for the info.

I had same problem with payment modules.

As per your info, I reset module and added all fields again. And woah!!! It worked 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok I found a solution as I was facing the very same issue. I am sorry I will be technical as I didn't find where in the backend we can fix it.
So I will share it here, the link within the table ps_module_carrier was not made so I had to insert manually the id_module for each payment module, 1for id_shop as I habe only one shop and the id_reference of the selected carrier which doesn 't display any payment.
example :
INSERT INTO `ps_module_carrier` (`id_module`, `id_shop`, `id_reference`) VALUES ('81', '1', '97');
in sha Allah, It can help someone, sorry for the technical background needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone here is a workaround

1.- Find the table prefix_carrier -> take note of the field id_reference of all your active carriers

2.- Find the tables prefix_module -> take note of the field id_module of all your active payment module

3.- Find the table prefix_module_carrier -> you will see that there are missing entries for your carrier id_reference with the payment id_module associated, create the missing one

the row id_module is the id of the payment module that you have active

the row id_reference is the id of the carrier that you want thar payment to be available.

Still do not know what is causing these records to disappear but this solves the issue, have a good day :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 6 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 8:40 AM, El Patron said:

Hi @El Patron
Firstly, I'm sorry to reaching out in wrong topic channel.
But I just want to ask you one thing.

I changed the Order process type from "standard" to "Once-page checkout", but the payment method doesn't appear.

The loading spinner icon loads forever.

What I can only see is only an warning on console of browser.
Could you give me answer for this?
Sorry again.

image.thumb.png.302c7c7ba97093474e0faa7263f6a32a.pngimage.thumb.png.d9392e7697082c82443a7fa1b607ddef.png

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

sometimes it can be something like invalid (testing) activation key for payment module. For me it was CSOB binder from Platiti.cz which expired because it took a very long time from module buy to tests. No message in backoffice, just in module logs.

Edited by koubin (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
On 1/29/2021 at 1:48 AM, Msaustral said:

Hi Everyone here is a workaround

1.- Find the table prefix_carrier -> take note of the field id_reference of all your active carriers

2.- Find the tables prefix_module -> take note of the field id_module of all your active payment module

3.- Find the table prefix_module_carrier -> you will see that there are missing entries for your carrier id_reference with the payment id_module associated, create the missing one

the row id_module is the id of the payment module that you have active

the row id_reference is the id of the carrier that you want thar payment to be available.

Still do not know what is causing these records to disappear but this solves the issue, have a good day :)

If you have a lot of carriers with similar names and aren't sure what IDs you should use, I found it helpful to grab the IDs from the admin panel.

Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 21.13.03.png

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just being a good citizen and explaining what happened with me regarding this problem.

While testing a new theme and going back to the original one while I fix images etc everything was knocked out of whack. I thought i was just hook positions but Prestashop Checkout module was also affected.

There is no way to know this from the back end. Everything looks normal.

Customers couldn't place orders at all.

This problem was solved by resetting the module and logging back into PayPal.

I would recommend people try this first before moving other things around that might cause more problems.

This is quite a stupid bug for an e-commerce platform to have. The priority should always be that customers are able to purchase. Everything else should be secondary to that. Prestashop should be hardened against the possibility any new module, theme, or minor change could simply close off all payment capability without warning. This should be added to the (already long) list of things PS needs to fix.