1.7.5 - Product position within category not working

purepixels

Hello all,

I've tried to find a solution on this forum everywhere, but I can't find anyone with the same problem or clearly described as the same problem. If others have written about is, perhaps we can merge the topics.. 

I have a Prestashop 1.7.5 (updated from 1.6 few months back), in which my client is working. All fine, until we decided to change "Pagination - Default order by" from 'Alphabetical' to 'Position within category' (Shop parameters > Product Settings). We want to reorder the products within their category, but somehow that gives problems with saving the new order. After filtering a category, the option to Reorder appears in the product table column 'Position'. When activating that, the button changes to a grey version Save & Refresh and drag-n-drop ordering of products is possible. After dragging one or a few products, the button is activated in blue color, indicating it can be clicked, but with doing this the new order is not being saved. And also, the option to Save & Refresh keeps being active and doesn't disappear anymore. Even logging in with a different browser (with no history to that website ever) this option is still activated and I can't get it deactivated anymore. 

The strange thing is, it did work for 1 category yesterday. But now, somehow, it stopped working and I can't figure out why. Error logs are not present. Debug mode doesn't give me directions. Nothing obviously wrong. 

Is there any solution for this problem? While searching for the correct English text in the demo.prestashop.com, I noticed that the feature is also not working and the same problem occurs there. 

A solution would be highly appreciated by me and my client. 🙂

Thanks for any help! 

Bas

PrestaShop Demo.png

Edited by purepixels (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This problem solved itself for me somehow. I think it had to do with multiple users were logged in and trying the same thing at the same time. But I'm not sure about that. Is that something which is possible in your case? Than I would suggest to log out at all locations and start from one location, reset the ordering function or start using it - depending on what the buttons are telling you. 

• 3 weeks later...

ok. after few minutes of trying to do the same think with the same results i have seen that i have this problem when the checkbox of products isnt selected. when i select it all is fine.

im not a coder to explain what does it mean but it will solve your problem :)

reorder > select box of all the products u wanna move on next step > move > save&refresh > next step :)

Edited by soniqro (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

We have the same problem on multiple customer shops.
Our main concern one was a 1.7 clean install (1.7.5.1)
We updated this two weeks ago to 1.7.6.2. Same problem.

@purepixels - We were already facing this issue when the shop only had one user. So multiple users signed in can't be it.

@soniqro - We haven't tried this yet. Will do, and I'll let you know if this works for us too.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dalian said:

Hi

I also have this problem, if anyone can fix it please.

Thanks.

It seems that PrestaShop fixed this issue in their core and it should be included in the next core update :)
For now you can fix it manually by replacing the updated file in the core manually. You can find it here > https://github.com/PierreRambaud/PrestaShop/blob/58343dd1925a4d8a0129c237922c29b035b27910/src/Adapter/Product/AdminProductDataUpdater.php

• 4 months later...

I am currently on 1.7.6.5 and experience the same problem.

Most categories goes to the position I set it. But some just wont go where I drop them. I can drop a category where I want it but when I open the category page again it is not where I dropped it.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, maldor said:

Solved disabling module ps_facetedsearch as read here

It's obviously a workaround since if I needed the facetedsearch I couldn't do it.

Waiting for a real solution.

Try the following

With your mouse press on the position number of the item you want to move, then drag it into the new position. 

Tbe reason it didn't work for me was because I was always pressing on the product name and dragging it like that while in fact you should drag from the position number.  

Mind you i am still using prestashop 1.7.5 and 1.7.6.2 

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, soniqro said:

ok. after few minutes of trying to do the same think with the same results i have seen that i have this problem when the checkbox of products isnt selected. when i select it all is fine.

im not a coder to explain what does it mean but it will solve your problem :)

reorder > select box of all the products u wanna move on next step > move > save&refresh > next step :)

It works~ Need to select all the box of the product before move the position~

On 9/3/2020 at 7:19 AM, John010 said:

It works~ Need to select all the box of the product before move the position~

Worked for me too (1.7.6.1) !

But it does not work perfectly, sometimes the first product in the list is not the one I had chosen.

I saw there are modules that allow to sort each category separately (for Category A you can select to sort by price, and for Category B to sort with a custom order).  I will try one of these, given the great number of categories I have to update it should save me a  lot of time.

Edited by Nicolas R (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Not working at all for me; disabled faceted search, checking boxes before dragging (or not), nothing saves. I can drag the files to a new position on the homepage in 1.7.6.8 (fresh install, though with some new modules) by activating Position | Reorder and dragging, but the Save button produces a Success message but returns all products to their old position. I've run out of ideas.

• Like 1

I found an answer that works for me. At last (but not intuitive ...). Click Position, then Reorder, but ONLY drag the product to a new position using the position icon (two arrows, up and down), and then Save.

It is possible to drag the product from any place on the entry, left to right, but only if you use the position icon exactly will the save actually work in 1.7.6.8.

Try clicking on Position (in your screenshot, text second from right along the top)

That should change the label below it to Reorder - click that

The arrows now appear - use only these to drag to new position. Then click save

I agree - this is not intuitive, not well thought out. The old system was better.

23 hours ago, CJH said:

Try clicking on Position (in your screenshot, text second from right along the top)

That should change the label below it to Reorder - click that

The arrows now appear - use only these to drag to new position. Then click save

I agree - this is not intuitive, not well thought out. The old system was better.

Hello
When you click on Position, the products are sorted by number either in ascending order or in descending order. I am using 1.7.5.2 version. Probably there are changes in each version.

produkts.jpg

produkts1.jpg

• 9 months later...
Le 01/08/2021 à 7:43 PM, Rizzzle a dit :

Hello,

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Disabling Faceted Search does work, but we need this feature?

PS 1.7.7.5

Hi,

We stopped looking for a free solution and bought a module (ordenar productos por categoria). It works very well and we save a lot of time and energy !

5 hours ago, Nicolas R said:

Hi,

We stopped looking for a free solution and bought a module (ordenar productos por categoria). It works very well and we save a lot of time and energy !

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the reply. Please can you send me a link to where you purchased the module?

5 hours ago, Nicolas R said:

Hi,

Hi again,

This one: https://addons.prestashop.com/es/edicion-rapida/8515-ordenar-productos-por-categoria-orden-visualizacion.html

After applying this module you can still use the filter (faceted search) on your website and it solves our problem?

Thank you for this.

il y a 14 minutes, Rizzzle a dit :

Hi again,

This one: https://addons.prestashop.com/es/edicion-rapida/8515-ordenar-productos-por-categoria-orden-visualizacion.html

After applying this module you can still use the filter (faceted search) on your website and it solves our problem?

Thank you for this.

Hi,

We do not use faceted search but I have just tested it for you.
So, yes you can use the faceted search. But depending on what you are wanting to do with your categories, the module might or might not solve your issue.

Example with the option 'display subcategories products' activated in the faceted search :
In the Category A, you have products A B C D. If you want to put B D C A, it does not work, you cannot change the order (I mean, you can in the module, but on front office nothing happens).
In the subcategory A1, you can order your products as you wish, i.e B D C A. It does not affect the order of the category which will remain A B C D.

Example with the option 'display subcategories products' deactivated in the faceted search :
You can order both Category A and subcategory A1 as you wish.

I am not sure what this option is for as in my case, it does not change the number of products in my category (maybe because all my products belongs to the category AND the subcategory ?)

I hope it was helpful, please let me know if you have other questions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...