Prestashop 1.7.5 How to get the base price of a product with combinations

I'm looking to find a smarty variable that displays the base price from a product that has combinations. Those combinations may or may not affect the base price. I was able to find the the $combinationsvariable that contains the array of combinations which contains the "impact on price" price, but for some reason in the debug window I cannot find the base/root price before the combination's impact on price.

Anyone know if this variable is being served by default, and if not, how I would be able to add it?

Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, Simetria said:

nope... It's so weird that this isnt part of the smarty variables... at least to me it is.

Hi! Simetria,
Have you ever gotten it figured out? I'd be very interested.
I am selling coffee in 3 different bag variants, 250g, 500g and 1000g. I must by law state a base price based on weight, lets say per 1000g. The base price shows okay on 250g package, but quadruples at 1000g, Example, my 250g bag costs 5€ so the 1kg bag costs logically 20€ The base price however should never change and remain at 20€/Kg and not change to 80€/Kg, when I choose the 1KG bag
This really drives me nuts! Any ideas?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 8/14/2019 at 1:05 AM, Peter_Tersluisen said:

Hi! Simetria,
Have you ever gotten it figured out? I'd be very interested.
I am selling coffee in 3 different bag variants, 250g, 500g and 1000g. I must by law state a base price based on weight, lets say per 1000g. The base price shows okay on 250g package, but quadruples at 1000g, Example, my 250g bag costs 5€ so the 1kg bag costs logically 20€ The base price however should never change and remain at 20€/Kg and not change to 80€/Kg, when I choose the 1KG bag
This really drives me nuts! Any ideas?

I'm looking for this too. Anyone figured out?
P.S. This function hasn't been finished by PS, but it should be in Standard version in my opinion... It is crazy that price is wrong when someone searches by some combination and still see params of first Combination in search results...