amorxoigel

Hey guys!
Since some hours i'm having this error
"ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" only on BO (FO works perfectly without any problem) and only on some sections like catalog, adminstats and much more...
Idk what to do i've read already several topics about refreshing .htaccess (i can't join BO so idk how to do it) or enabling SSL for everypage (it's already setted).
Any ideas how to fix it?
really idk what to do.

On Error log i can't see anything helpfull

Thanks in adavance

Prestashop 1.7.5.0

I have the same issue for a while know, and i have been searching for a solution with no luck.

The frontend works fine, but i cannot login in the backend - i get the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS and clear cookies error.

I have tried every single possible fix i found over web, contacted hosting to check for something wrong there, done a virus scan, manually checked files for malware, deleted modules from ftp.... nothing.

I have tried restoring the entire site and DB to all available restore points in my hosting, checked various devices with various providers, replacing some files with original install ones... same thing.

Presta version is 1.6.0.9.. i think

I think i might have to make a new site.

Had this exact issue with 1.7.5, only applied until the site was put in to SSL Mode Only, worked as a temporary band aid.

If Plesk Hosting, be sure to set the preferred domain.

If CentosWebPanel, ensure that the SSL and DNS is set correctly.

i found the problem also.

The theme i was using (Warehouse) had a security flaw in 4 modules (mainly for displaying images in various positions) and the site was infected via those modules.

I was injected with a couple of scripts that uploaded other masked scripts into the slides folders. The hack didn't work all the way because some files in the scripts were 2 years older than the PS version so the Front-end kept full functionality. So basically, i manually checked every folder in presta to see if there were any files recently modified and sure enough i find a file called xboo.php injected in the classes>controller folder along with a new .htaccess file that overrided every other controller in admin.

so i did a full virus scan from the Cpanel interface and detected all the infected files. After i deleted them, i noticed that i was still unable to access the BO so i thought it was permanently damaged.

But at the last moment i noticed that the login link was calling for the AdminLogin controller so i decided to check that one also. The controller was missing, probably deleted by the malware. I restored the AdminLogin controller in the right folder from a fresh install, and everything went back on. Now i can login in the BO

For me it wasn't the SSL case.

So maybe do a virus scan occasionaly, and check freshly modified files regularly.

Cheers