upgrade tool error from 1.6.1.17 to 1.7.5

effistyl

Hello, 

i made mistake using the one-click upgrade tool. 

Now I got the foillowing message (debug) : 

Notice: Undefined property: CategoryController::$objectPresenter in /homepages/46/d312503234/htdocs/corp/controllers/front/listing/CategoryController.php on line 187

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function present() on null in /homepages/46/d312503234/htdocs/corp/controllers/front/listing/CategoryController.php:187 
Stack trace: 
#0 /homepages/46/d312503234/htdocs/corp/controllers/front/listing/CategoryController.php(103): CategoryControllerCore->getTemplateVarCategory() 
#1 /homepages/46/d312503234/htdocs/corp/classes/controller/Controller.php(170): CategoryControllerCore->init() 
#2 /homepages/46/d312503234/htdocs/corp/classes/Dispatcher.php(367): ControllerCore->run() 
#3 /homepages/46/d312503234/htdocs/corp/index.php(28): DispatcherCore->dispatch() #4 {main} thrown in /homepages/46/d312503234/htdocs/corp/controllers/front/listing/CategoryController.php on line 187

It seems that it is a missing file (customization) that is in relatiponshi with this problem. 

In march 2018, babacar129 met this kind of problem with the same stck error- how can I debug this case ? 

Christian. 

Hard to say.

The broken off upgrade can have left you anywhere. The big question is what is upgraded and what not. Is the database upgraded? Are the files upgraded? Are they partially upgraded. You have seen the log so you should know. 

The easiest thing to do is putting your backup (as you should know you should always make a backup before starting an upgrade) back and start again. If you don't have a backup you should make a backup now and start experimenting. 

You might for example look in the ps_product table of the database for the low_stock_threshold field. That was new in 1.7.3. So if it is there your database is upgraded. In that case you might just copy most 1.7 files from a fresh installation of the same PS version.

Hello, i made backup before upgrade, but it seems to fail when I put back the files. 

i ask for a database dump besfore upgrade (i lost a few changes, but it is not important). 

My concern is now to find a way (on a 1.6.23 basis) to correct this problem, before making an update to 1.7.x. 

I will look at the table and make you a feedback. 

Thanks for your aswer. 

CDG

You still didn't mention where the upgrade failed.

Some suggestions for the next try:

- run first ps_cleaner (do a backup first)

- make the backups of the files and database manually. That prevents timeouts during the upgrade

- switch the theme back to default.

- if you have any module that might give problems: remove it. Uninstalling is not enough.