How to retrieve all product with a certain "feature" (not category)

hello all,
This is my first post here : I hope I post on the appropriate forum, I hope I'll make my questions clear and thank you for your kindness !

Here is my problem (with PS 1.7.4) :

In a .tpl, I need to retrieve a list of products based on a product’s «  Feature » (and not on a product’s category, nor brand).

• In the administration, I have set up a feature called « collection », with various possible values, e.g. « Levis », etc. 
  • each product is tied to a collection’s value.

Then, how could I get the list of all the product with a certain « collection » value (e.g. all the products that are in the Levi’s collection) ?

In fact, I need something like the « ps_featuredproduct » module...
but that does not use product’s category,  but product’s "feature", to select the products.

My questions are :

• Do you know a static method (that I could call from a smarty’s .tpl) that retrieves the list of products having a given « feature » set to a given feature’s value ?
  • or do you know a (free or paid) module that would fullfil this need ?

And finally :
If I develop my own module, by hacking for example into ps_featured product, how could I write in the module's PHP the appropriate database query, to select all the product having a given « feature » set to a given value ?

I hope my question is clear, and thank you A LOT in advance for your help,

Jérémy

Edited by jdo38
Tipo (see edit history)