CSS in Back Office is missing after migrating to new server

I'm currently trying to move from Apache to Cpanel, I have managed to get the site over after some trouble with the database but now I have a problem. Before going live, I have changed my host file on my computer to see how it looks and I have encountered the following issue. 

It appears that the front end of the site is loading correctly but the back end seems to be missing CSS although everything else seems to be in there. I have tried suggestions in other posts such as clearing cache and using incognito browser, I also can't seem to find anywhere in the code that is pointing to a wrong address (although I may be looking in the wrong places)

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this might be happening or have a possible solution?

I've tried changing friendly urls and regenerating htaccess but no luck so far, anyone out there got any ideas? 

The stylesheets seem to be referenced correctly when I debug in chrome.  I've changed permissions to 777 and still no luck either. 

I've tried renaming the admin folder. 

Could the JS be failing as I'm using my host file on my computer rather than a live site?

It looks like I'm missing something simple 🤔 but I can't work out what it is. I have also checked with my hosting company who reset the host file on their computer and had same error as me.

Installation type (new/update): migrated from apache to cpanel (using host file on computer to view site right now before pushing live)
PrestaShop version: 1.6.1.20
Theme (default/customized): default-bootstrap 1.0
Hosting: cpanel
PHP version: 5.6.3
Browser(s) concerned: all

edit: could this be just an issue when using my host file?

Thanks! 

Edited by IrishGuy
updated info (see edit history)