Cannot install purchased module from Addons within Prestashop 1.7.5

Hello

I am a long time user of Prestashop. I am trying to migrate my store from 1.6 to 1.7 and have stumbled across this problem at the first step!

I can't install modules that I have purchased from the addons website on my new server using the backoffice. If I go to the addons website and download them, I can then install them manually without problems. However, I would like to know where the problem lies so that it can be fixed!

The image attached shows the error I receive when I try to install the BrainTree payments module that I have purchased.

The error message is: "Error! Exception thrown by module braintreejs on install. Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(): Invalid or uninitialized Zip object". I have tested the server using phpinfo() and zip support is included.

Zip

Zip enabled
Zip version 1.15.4
Libzip version 1.1.2

If it helps, I have a dedicated server running cPanel with PHP 7.2, although my current site isn't residing on this server. Also, the test site has a different URL to the normal site - could this be the reason that the addons aren't being downloaded?

I'm unsure where to go next. If anyone can point me in the right direction or if there's a better forum for this problem, please let me know!

Thanks

Dan

extractto.jpg

@tdsoft Thank you for your reply. I'm the hosting provider. It's my dedicated server. AFAIK, Zip is enabled in PHP - that's why I showed the output from phpinfo(). Is there something I'm missing?

I have tried uninstalling php_zip and reinstalling it. When it is uninstalled, the modules page fails silently when trying to install. Once reinstalled the page fails as above.

Interestingly, if I try to add a free module (I just tried "Advertising Block") it works fine. It's just for the paid for modules that it doesn't work. Again, I can download the module to my PC and then install directly using the "Upload a module" button. The module installs perfectly (if slowly!).

Edited by danrimer (see edit history)

@tdsoft Thank you for your reply.

I AM logged into psaddon. Please see my screenshot - i've simply removed the second half of my email address in the picture. 

I agree, the symptoms appear the same as if I was not logged in, but the module list also says "install" rather than "discover". This proves that the login has worked. All my modules show up correctly (with the option to Install rather than Discover).

• 2 months later...

Its odd,  I sometimes get this error installing a module. then when press insall again,  second try works.
Just guessing,  but it is like some code needs to run into cache to allow module installs to work.  Like first try,  the needed code hasnt loaded/run, then when I try asecond time,  the module installs ok.
Or perhaps some timeout is too short?

1010449113_2019-03-31_012002-LogsremoteONE.jpg.5c5106a85457630921271666f8469e0e.jpg

It would be good to find a cure .