Paypal Xpay o Stripe ?

Hi Everyonei,

I'm opening my first ecommerce with prestashop,
I'd like to have some reviews and valuation about this payments methods :

on Trustpilito.com i've found that 
- Paypal have only 1 star and many bad reviews (based on 5256 total reviews)
- Stripe has 3 star but the 58% are 5 stars and the 38% only 1 star, so this is very strange, i'don't know how to think about it (based on 1280 total reviews)
- Xpay has 1 star with 108 reviews

What do you think , what method of payments do you use with Prestashop ?

Thank you for your heklp and collaboration 
Enrico

You have to specify what you are asking for. Do you want to know if the payment integrations offered for Prestashop work well or do you want to know about the reliability of the payment processor, but I guess you mean the second one.

As "yama" already has written the user experience on such platforms should not be taken to serious. Firstly people are more likely to write their bad experience because they have usually experienced a loss and want to blame someone. If the blame against the payment processor is correct or not can not be proofed because you can only read their version and have no idea about what happened exactly (people also tend to hide their own failings and so just telling a part).

The only thing I can do is to tell you my experience with PayPal and Stripe (sorry I don't no Xpay at all).

PayPal
I use PayPal since 2012 and have not experienced any problems with it. The only point is that the transaction fee is a bit high (at leas in my area). Furthermore the exchange rates are not the best and for me, because of accounting reasons, it is very inconvenient that the transaction fees are processed in the currency the transaction was done and after that the money gets changed into the local currency. That means I have more work and so I have limited PayPal payment to my local currency.
The good point at PayPal is their "Seller Protection" in case of fraud or other troubles. Sure it is not perfect and not guaranteed that every case is decided in your favour, but better than nothing.

Stripe
I use stripe since 2016 and have also not experienced any problems with it. The good points are the cheaper transaction fee and that the money will be changed into the local currency before deducting the fees. So for me it's much less work for accounting and the exchange rates are also better.
There is no seller protection and if someone files a chargeback you have to pay a chargeback fee in addition of the lost money (if you loose the case).

If possible I would sing up for both. It is always good to have several payment gateways for customers. As you were thinking about what kind of payment gateway is better so do customers. Some don't want to insert their card details on you website and other do not want to give their personal data to PayPal.

Thank you NSN,
Yes, i mean the second one !
I've installed Stripe module and all seems to work perfect. I'd like to try also Paypal maybe with Braintree...

I've seen the "important" fee difference from Paypal to Stripe, 
it's a good idea to have several gateway o f payment as you suggest, i'm the first to not be happy to put my credit cards details on website
and i pay at 95% with Paypal :D

So, is it better PAYPAL+STRIPE (2 modules) or the newest PAYPAL+BRAINTREE module ?

As for me, I'm happy with the standard PayPal and Stripe which are both standard in Prestashop.

When I started the only way to receive online payments without lots of paperwork or big initial costs was PayPal. Stripe was also hassle free to sign up but only became available in Japan 2016. Braintree is, as far as I know, still not available in Japan so I do not have any clue if they are good or not.