Views & help

VIPCLUB

Hi guys. I am new to prestashop and site building.

I am looking for some views hints and help.

Let me start off by saying i wanted to open an online adult store so i set about looking for a theme.

i came across  www.designthemeok.com  who had a theme i liked so i went ahead and bought the theme. it was to to suit prestashop 1.5 version.

payment went through etc and i got my down load link etc.

i tried to install it and after emailing the supplier for help he agreed, after all his site did say  24/7 support to customers. (he has since changed this).

Anyways great the site and theme was up so i set about adding products and sorting out links on main page etc and it was starting to come together.

I am weeks at it at this stage, i did a test run on a test account by adding products to cart etc but noticed when i got to check out i kept getting errors when i chose PayPal.

so i went back to designthemes and asked them if they had this problem. after a couple of days he logged in to admin panel etc then emailed me to say that  he had installed PayPal correctly

for me.  i continued for another week adding products etc then i did another test run on the check out and yes it allowed me to go right up to the end and choose paypal but this time i got the error

Things don't appear to be working at the moment please try again later. I looked into this and seen the SSL updates etc so i went to my hoster to make sure they where up todate and they where

so i went back to desighthemesok and pointed out the problem, they asked for my login information to admin again so they could check it out.

I also got onto support in paypal and sent them my site link etc. they replied saying they couldn't create an account  to test the problem. I tried myself and now i get another error see pics for this.

i emailed designthemes to see if they where in the back end working on it or if they did some thing but after countless emails ive got no reply. so did i lose all them weeks of work ? how can i fix this and get my site out there the way it should be. The site wont even allow me make an account now as it shows this warning box when i click subbmit.

I am loosing heart in this whole site process.  I know presta is on 1.7 now but the theme i bought is for 1.5 and the designthemeok has not updated it.

If i had a heap of money i would gladly just pay a web designer to fix all my problems but i don't hence the reason why i am trying to continue doing things myself.

If any one on here can tell me how to fix my problems i would be forever grateful.

ss.jpg

sse.png

First of all: To help you we should want to know which version of Prestashop you use. At the moment 2 versions are in use and supported: 1.6 and 1.7

Second the problems you describe are problems with modules who has (in my first sight) nothing to do with the theme. Paypal has normally nothing to do with your theme but is a payment provider. Maybe the themebuilder helped you a bit with it, but thats normally not his job.

Third: I cant imagine you are still using PS 1.5 now when you first start with Prestashop, buy a theme which is outdated.

So please point out which version you use, and whats your plan to go on with. PS 1.6.1.23 is in my opinion at this very moment still the most stable version, but 1.7.5.0 looks like it is overcoming the problems of 1.7  I think it should be possible to open a store with the last stable version (1.7.5.0) So in that way yu should ask your theme developer to send you a theme for this version or refund. They deliver 1.7 themes so they can switch it.

Yes i am using version 1.5 and the theme to suit, the version i use is the version the theme guy sent me to down load and install.

He told me he has not got that theme to suit any other version, told me this after i bought it.

Its unlikely i will get a refund or indeed a theme of same for 1.6 version.

I don't have buckets of cash to spend hence the reason i am trying my best to use what i do have.

I have spent countless hours working on the site to try get it to the way it is now and have a lot of work to do.

Am i wasting my time ? the warning box did not ever appear prior to me sending him the admin logins.

As I'm no pro at it i never dared to mess in anyway with any modules ..

Where do i go from here?