1.7 and Advanced stock management

Hi!

I am wondering if anyone who has used advanced stock management in 1.6. has moved to 1.7 and is using PrestaShop ERP - Advanced Stock Module https://addons.prestashop.com/en/stock-supplier-management/32549-prestashop-erp-advanced-stock.html. If yes, how is it working out?

I am using 1.6. and with advanced stock management and random errors in product quantities seem to increase over time and have become quite annoying, so I have to look for another solution. I would prefer to do all inventory in Prestashop instead of connecting with some other software.

Appreciate your insight!!

Helen

• 7 months later...

23 hours ago, dandumit said:

Thank you  Helenl for answering !

Architectural speaking , Indeed makes more sense to have the stock management along with accounting system.

Unfortunately my accounting system does not support api / kind of old solution...

I also used old style accounting software with no API before. But when I started to investigate I found out that newer cloud-based accounting programs that are available are more user friendly and actually cheaper. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2019 at 8:00 AM, HelenI said:

[...] I found out that newer cloud-based accounting programs that are available are more user friendly and actually cheaper. 

Hi Helenl, could you share what external solution to manage inventory have you chosen? I'm looking for options and I´m mixed up over the different options... :-/

3 hours ago, EmilioJ said:

Hi Helenl, could you share what external solution to manage inventory have you chosen? I'm looking for options and I´m mixed up over the different options... 😕

I do not know which country you are in. I am using erply.com, but there was no ready made connector for Prestashop, had to write our own. It is a very complex program so maybe not a best option. There is a free connector available in github, but it does not work!

If you already use any accounting software check if there is connectors or API available. Unfortunately, Prestashpo is not popular in Estonia so we really did not have many options, we chose Erply, because one of our partners uses it and we were able to transfer our data to to other database as well. 

I also found Dolibarr and odoo which had connectors available and https://backstore.eu/, cant remember if they had ready made connector or not. 

Edited by HelenI (see edit history)

Hi Helenl!

On 5/26/2020 at 3:26 PM, HelenI said:

I do not know which country you are in. I am using erply.com, but there was no ready made connector for Prestashop, had to write our own. It is a very complex program so maybe not a best option. There is a free connector available in github, but it does not work!

If you already use any accounting software check if there is connectors or API available. Unfortunately, Prestashpo is not popular in Estonia so we really did not have many options, we chose Erply, because one of our partners uses it and we were able to transfer our data to to other database as well. 

I also found Dolibarr and odoo which had connectors available and https://backstore.eu/, cant remember if they had ready made connector or not. 

Thank you very much for your quick answer and your pieces of advice 🙂

We are in Spain and we are using no accounting software at all so far, apart from a spreadsheet, I mean.

Odoo seems a good ERP solutions, though I have the feeling it is a little bit overwhelming (and intimidating) for our basic workflow. Anyway, I will have a look at it. I am also evaluating ERPNExt as a simpler open-source ERP alternative.

I did not know Dolibarr nor backstore, so I will also have a look at them. Right now I am discarding the «official» Store Manager for PrestaShop basically because it seems to be a standalone application that only runs natively in Windows (high price and not being open souce apart), and all our systems are GNU/Linux.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

E

Edited by EmilioJ (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 9:54 AM, EmilioJ said:

Hi Helenl!

Thank you very much for your quick answer and your pieces of advice 🙂

We are in Spain and we are using no accounting software at all so far, apart from a spreadsheet, I mean.

Odoo seems a good ERP solutions, though I have the feeling it is a little bit overwhelming (and intimidating) for our basic workflow. Anyway, I will have a look at it. I am also evaluating ERPNExt as a simpler open-source ERP alternative.

I did not know Dolibarr nor backstore, so I will also have a look at them. Right now I am discarding the «official» Store Manager for PrestaShop basically because it seems to be a standalone application that only runs natively in Windows (high price and not being open souce apart), and all our systems are GNU/Linux.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

E

I have also checked store manager and do not think it helps, just another extra program.