Unable to configure REDIS caching

Yorgocom

Hello all

I am having a very tough time to properly setup REDIS as a cache for prestashop. 

Some info:

• OS Ubuntu 18.10 Cosmic
  • PHP Version 7.3.0
  • Apache 2.4.37
  • Prestashop 1.7.5
  • MySQL  5.7.20-18-18-log (Percona)

Installed redis-server and redis-client as per online tutorial (https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-redis-server-as-a-session-handler-for-php-on-ubuntu-14-04)  made sure i got latest redis versions/distrosredis.conf configured with the following line:

bind 0.0.0.0

(tried with password also and without --i.e uncommenting and commenting

requirepass yourverycomplexpasswordhere

php.ini file configs:

session.save_handler=redis
session.save_path="tcp://127.0.0.1:6379"

extension=redis.so

redis server restarted.

Apache restarted

prestashop gives me a 500 error.

php_error_log file shows:

[19-Jan-2019 20:38:10 Asia/Beirut] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot find save handler 'redis' - session startup failed in /opt/lampp/htdocs/merkado/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php on line 145
[19-Jan-2019 20:38:10 Asia/Beirut] PHP Warning:  "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /opt/lampp/htdocs/merkado/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php on line 2636
[19-Jan-2019 20:38:10 Asia/Beirut] PHP Warning:  "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /opt/lampp/htdocs/merkado/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php on line 2665
[19-Jan-2019 20:38:10 Asia/Beirut] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot find save handler 'redis' - session startup failed in /opt/lampp/htdocs/merkado/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php on line 145

when i comment the redis related lines in php.ini and revert to 

session.save_handler=files

prestashop works again. 

Can anyone please help?

Edited by Yorgocom
fixed typo (see edit history)

• 1 year later...