Adding "stock", "price", "quantity" and an "add to cart" button to our web pages

Mihai Bocsaru

Dear Community,

We have a website in place since 2006 generated by Movable Type, which is a publishing platform whose main feature is that it generates files physically, so the site speed is excellent and in case of any database issues, the site continues to load.

Our website contain also product pages, basically a web page for each product with lots of details, sometimes also galleries.

We want to keep those pages as they are, but to add to them:

1) stock;

2) price;

3) quantity field;

4) "add to cart" button.

At this time we are at the phase of deciding either to use Presta Shop or Magento.

According to a quick research that I've done, we could easily interogate Magento on an existing web page that is not generated by itself. We are going to use a piece of php coding which to call its database and extract information for a given product ID on a very page where we want the above-mentioned details of a product.

Could this be done also in Presta Shop and where do I find more details about it?

Basically, we don't want to migrate all the data to Presta Shop, but to have it contain only the ecommerce relevant data.

The question is how could I call Presta Shop to display the above information for a given product?

Many thanks,
Mihai Bocsaru

Edited by Mihai Bocsaru (see edit history)