[solved] Design & layout theme changes after activating "never recompile files" and "cache"

Impressed1979

I'm using prestashop 1.7.2.4. After activating "Never recompile template files" and "cache" the template layout and design changes. It looks like the modules that came with the template are the only ones that change. Some modules are even gone. Like the search field.

So I looked into caching problems. I did delete cache from prestashop, server and browser. The problem still occured. I also deleted cache by deleting class_index.php in this folder /app/cache/prod. This did not help either. I also noticed that the folders in this cache folder are chmod 777 and the files 666. I did change via ftp all these folders and files to respectivaly to 755 and 644. This did not resolve the problem and they got back to 777 and 666.

I've looked everywhere on the forum and on the internet to find a resolution, however I could not find anything that can help me to resolving the problem. Hopefully I did not overlook anything.

Anyways if someone knows a solution to this problem I would be very grateful if you would share this with me.

Edited by Impressed1979 (see edit history)