problem with smtp settings

dziakuzis

Hi, i have using for emails own server, i want to set my own smtp parameters for sending emails through presta, but it not work in any way, tried many different things, first i have contacted my server provider, he tested and said that my mails server works fine and issue are with prestashop, but what issue he don't know. i have tried different ports, 25, 465, 587 not working, tried ssl encryption, tls, on off not working as well, my email and shop email the same, i have tried to change email password to more simple, no luck too, turned off website ssl, checked whm smtp parameters, also i have updated presta to newest version 1.7.5 also not helped, any ideas?

i always get 3 errors, depends what port or encryption using, errors:

connection timeout, check your configuration Connection could not be established with host or Expected response code 250 but got code "", with message ""

only with port 25 i could send test email from BO, but sending took very long, but with port 25 i can't send message through my website front office page contact us page, i get error, and emails to customers not arrives as well.

any help would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, thehurricane said:

Please check in administration area:

1. advanced parameters -> team => is any1 there have an email You want to use to smtp?

2. Preferences - > Contact => is any1 there have an email You want to use to smtp?

1. yes, one from team emails are the same which i want to use.

2. yes, email the same which i want to use..

any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Same issue here,  test email not working. not working even if firewall off.

Error: Please check your configuration
Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "[email protected] " using 2 possible authenticators

ufw status verbose | grep '465'
465/tcp                    ALLOW IN    Anywhere
465/tcp (v6)               ALLOW IN    Anywhere (v6)

Installed an MTA ,  postfix. This seems to be running ok,  but still no emails are sent!

So,  I  need to get a Prestashop Document explaining Step by Step :
How to configure Ubuntu 18 server for Prestshop that includes configuring Postfix or other MTA.

Please help,  as after 15 hours I have given up

image.png

Edited by remoteONE (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2019 at 5:37 AM, dziakuzis said:

Hi, i have using for emails own server, i want to set my own smtp parameters for sending emails through presta, but it not work in any way, tried many different things, first i have contacted my server provider, he tested and said that my mails server works fine and issue are with prestashop, but what issue he don't know. i have tried different ports, 25, 465, 587 not working, tried ssl encryption, tls, on off not working as well, my email and shop email the same, i have tried to change email password to more simple, no luck too, turned off website ssl, checked whm smtp parameters, also i have updated presta to newest version 1.7.5 also not helped, any ideas?

i always get 3 errors, depends what port or encryption using, errors:

connection timeout, check your configuration Connection could not be established with host or Expected response code 250 but got code "", with message ""

only with port 25 i could send test email from BO, but sending took very long, but with port 25 i can't send message through my website front office page contact us page, i get error, and emails to customers not arrives as well.

any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem, someone help us?

I discovered that we needed to use the Main (primary)  domain's username/pwd to get emails working .
Also if the mail server is not on the same server account/primary domain as the website:

Add an SPF record to the DNS hosting for the VPS .
After adding the record, it may take 4-12 hours for DNS propagation.

Edited by remoteONE (see edit history)

• 3 years later...