Multistore: import/update product info with CSV

computerfreak

Hello

We have a store running 1.6.1.23 and we used to update prices by importing a CSV that consisted only of the fields "reference #" and "price tax excluded". (ignoring all other fields, using reference # as identifier)

Now we changed the shop to a multistore system (two shops, 1+2) and have some products in each shop, others in both shops.

If I try to import the CSV with the new prices, it only updates the prices in the table "ps_product".

BUT: the prices in the table "ps_product_shop" are not updated this way...

I guess, now with multistore when importing the CSV, we have to specify the field "ID / name of shop" also, am I right?

But what needs to be in this field if a product is used in both shops?

Am I correct that the field "ID / name of shop" should be either:

1 - if the product is only in shop 1
2 - if the product is only in shop 2
1,2 - if the product is used in both shops?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by computerfreak (see edit history)

UPDATE:

I could not get the stock CSV product import function to work in a way that it would update the price in a reliable way in both ps_product and ps_product_shop tables.

Maybe it is because of the PHP 7.1 I'm forced to use.

I tried many things: identifying products by ID, importing more fields, various tests with different values in the field "ID / name of shop", importing duplicate rows for products in both shops (with different shop ID in "ID / name of shop" field) and so on...

Nothing works in a reliable way. Most obvious error: products with shop ID 2 are changed only in ps_product and the db field "id_shop_default" get's overwritten with ID 1...

To solve my problems, I'm lucky that the following free import/price update module does exactly as promised and even updates all database entries of a product in a multistore system:

Edited by computerfreak (see edit history)