Lisa Clarke

[Free Module] LiteSpeed Cache for PrestaShop 1.6 and 1.7

Hi, all!

Is your store running on LiteSpeed Web Server?

If so, you can give it a performance boost with the free LiteSpeed Cache Module. LSCache is the only PrestaShop cache module that supports "esi:include" and "esi:inline," and it does so with less overhead than other PHP-based caches.

Grab your copy on GitHub:
https://github.com/litespeedtech/lscache_prestashop

Happy caching¬†ūüėÄ

Lisa

• Like 1

I think so... the description reads: "A 2-CPU trial license with LSCache module is available for free for 15 days. "

• Like 1

The LiteSpeed Cache plugin does require a LiteSpeed Web Server license with the LSCache module. There are several different licenses available, though, including one free option. Here is more info: https://www.litespeedtech.com/products/litespeed-web-server/lsws-pricing

Or, ask your web host about LiteSpeed. Many of them offer it as an option.

• Like 1

I have installed litespeed cache in prestashop, but when I am going to add a new block it does not show me the addon I want.
How can I make it show in the addon's list?

image.thumb.png.b445a5769b0defa9a5238d629c0c92aa.png

Hi, Aisac

That list is populated from all of the installed active modules except modules that were added in the custom settings.

It's not easy to set up custom modules without a deep understanding of the inner workings of PrestaShop. Sometimes it requires custom code to make it work.

Our general suggestion in these cases is to try it with the default setup. If the addon and LSCache aren't compatible by default, then you won't be able to use LSCache, unfortunately (unless you know how to customize the addon code).

If you have any more questions, or would like to discuss the specific details of this issue, you can join our Slack community and post a question in #prestashop_cache or you can open a ticket via email to support at litespeedtech dot com.

Cheers!

Lisa

After installing "LSCache for PrestaShop" should I set "CACHE" in the Advanced / Performance tab Use cache for NO?

Hi @berny7

You can leave Cache set to "YES" in Advanced > Performance > Smarty. Smarty Cache is not a full page cache like LSCache is, so they can be used together without any problem.

Lisa

Hi @Lisa Clarke

My server is on litespeed but I use Prestashop 1.5 and I will keep this version.

Can you please see with the developers to make it PS 1.5 compatible ?

I guess there is only the radio buttons to change, the rest should be identical.

Hi, @KevinNash

Unfortunately a lot more work than just radio buttons would be required to make a 1.5-compatible version. It's not something we can devote resources to.

Sorry!

Posted (edited)

Hi @Lisa Clarke thank you for your fast answer.

That's a really weird answer, on that part there is no difference between PS 1.5 and 1.6, any 1.6 module works on 1.5 without trouble at all.

I don't think you ask to a real developer ( did you ask ? ), for a cache system, there is no big modification to do, that's 100% sure, of course if you don't want to, that's a different story.

By the way, I pay each month USD16 for your web server so maybe you can devote just a little bit of resources for a loyal customer.

There is many other web servers than yours, so your answer really disappoint me and tempt me to look elsewhere to see if my money can be use to have the full potential of a product.

I will wait for your final answer ta make my decision, I really hope you just did a little bit too fast answer to me.

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)

Hi, @KevinNash

I appreciate where you are coming from, but I did, in fact, speak to the developer who wrote our PrestaShop plugin. There is effort required to make it compatible with 1.5 and 1.5's modules, and there is no room on our development schedule at the moment.

There are ways to configure LSCache to work without a plugin, if there is not a plugin that is compatible with your version. You can see our documentation for more:
https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:cache:no-plugin-setup-guidline
https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:cache:no-plugin-advanced

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you!

Lisa

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Yesterday I've installed LS Cache for Prestashop 1.7, I'm testing this module and I have some question,
Does it require some more settings in "ESI block" than EU Cookie Law Plugin:

lscps-configure-eucookiemodule.png

I'm still reading about it, and I'm trying to understand whether plugins like paypal, languageselector, customeraccountlinks - required such ESI setting.
From default LiteSpeed cache plugin has the turned on ESI block for: lsc_token, lsc_env, ps_customersignin, ps_shoppingcart.

Thanks for any answer :)

Edited by arlekin89 (see edit history)

Hi, @arlekin89

I don't know about those plugins in particular, but you can test them pretty easily. If you log into two different browsers to simulate two different users, you can test out the modules to see if they work properly without ESI.

My guess is that they might need ESI, since they deal with information that is different from visitor to visitor, but I don't know offhand. 

If you need help, you can create a ticket through your LiteSpeed client area, or you can create one by emailing support@litespeedtech.com. Our support team can point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Hi Lisa,

Thank You for answer, probably I will go on with this way :)