Cart or Basket?

Dennis Barnes

Hello,

In the last few hours I have been editing my store on an iPad after which I logged out. Later, I logged in on my PC to do more alterations.

Now, when I open Chrome on the PC to see how my shop looks, it shows the shopping cart as "Basket". When I open Chrome on the iPad and look at the shop, it shows the shopping cart as "Cart".

What have I done wrong this time?

Den

for development of new shop and while making content changes (not modules install/configure)

go to performance page.

1. set smarty cache 'no'
  2. scorll down to CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache)
  3. set those all to 'no'
  4. make content changes
  5. when done re-enable those settings when done.  

this way you should not have to clear caches to see content changes

and use incognito window to view your shop changes

"Basket". When I open Chrome on the iPad and look at the shop, it shows the shopping cart as "Cart".  depending on theme, for responsive it may show Cart not basket for space...

a great tool?  dreamweaver.  then download your shop files to your computer and with dreamweaver you can run code searches, see how files are .orged, modify files....ftp...

then you can search for 'basket'!

2 hours ago, Dennis Barnes said:

Thanks El Patron, I had no idea Prestashop required this level of expertise in order to use...So I reckon I shall have to close and try different software, something more suitable for a techno-phob like me!

Den

Hey Den, it's cold outside there so you have lots of indoor time....PrestaShop standalone is pretty fool proof.  Maybe you got a free theme?  Loaded modules...so reaching out to community without 'all the details' it's difficult to help exactly.  But most new shops fail because people fool around with design, logos etc and not building a catalog with default theme.  When catalog is built and cart working then one considers what it should look like and then only buy high quality 3rd party theme.

It takes a few different hats to run a standalone ecommerce and there are easier methods to roll out, but 99% of us here are pro PrestaShop.  try eBay, that's how I started after retiring from IBM. lol  now look at me mom!

Cheers, Fred

Hi Fred,

I'm using the Prestashop Classic theme. Am finding it difficult to get used to the terminology and some of the work arounds I have had suggested talk about editing code which is beyond my meagre abilities.

I'm just trying to raise money for charity with my not-for-profit organisation and eBay is not suited to selling what I sell (tickets for specially chartered passenger trains).

Its great that Prestashop is free, but not having a support line is proving a hinderance so reckon I shall have to pay for a shopping cart and hope the support and interface are more suited to a newbie.

Thanks for your time 🙂

Den

• Like 1