Friendly URL - mod_rewrite it on, error "mod_rewrite is invalid"

19Karen70

Good day,

I am a newbe with PrestaShop 1.7.4.

Building my website in PrestaShop I try to translate the url's in SEO&Traffic to my language. After translating it and press Save, I do receive the message "the field url_rewrite is invalid". However the friendly url button is 'on', and, after checking my .htaccess, the mod_rewrite is also 'on'. After reading a lot of information this seems to be a message that shouldn't occur.

Can anybody help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
K

Edited by 19Karen70
Anonimize (see edit history)

Good day El Patron,

Thank you for your reply.

I changed the Accented URL to Yes and try to modify the friendly url. The message of the invalid url_rewrite still occurs.

I try to change it to Dutch, since I believe my future customers won't find the English urls.

Thank you for helping me trying to solve this.

Kind regards,

K

Edited by 19Karen70

Karen, provide a way for me to 'reproduce' i.e,  the url you are trying to add and I can try on one of our lab shops to see if I can find issue.  For best results remember when posting provide  the level of detail you would need to solve.  Best to show how  to reproduce exactly, 1,2,3.

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

• razaro changed the title to Friendly URL - mod_rewrite it on, error "mod_rewrite is invalid"

Hello El Patron,

Thank you again!

Is it an idea to schedule a meeting via Teamviewer, so you can take over my screen, so you will be able to reproduce the error. 

The Dutch time is CET. Depending on the time of your location, I suggest a meeting when its here evening. 

With kind regards, 

K

Edited by 19Karen70

3 hours ago, 19Karen70 said:

Hello El Patron,

Thank you again!

Is it an idea to schedule a meeting via Teamviewer, so you can take over my screen, so you will be able to reproduce the error. 

The Dutch time is CET. Depending on the time of your location, I suggest a meeting when its here evening. 

With kind regards, 

Karen

Hi Karen, just post here what the url is that's invalid.  I can only work within the forum, my team has teamviewer not me lol.  

Hello El Patron,

Thank you!

I use the PrestaShop version 1.7.4'4.

In SEO & URLs the pages (46 in total), like page-not-found, best-sales, contact-us etc, are in English. I would like them to translate to Dutch and add the meta tags in Dutch. My site is maintanance mode, since I just started to build a couple of weeks ago.

Please let me know if you need additional info. 

With kind regards, 

K

Ps. At the moment I don't have access to my computer. When available I can send you screenshots if you want. 

Edited by 19Karen70

Good day El Patron,

I have another question, and I don't know if this one is related to my url_rewrite problem.

A few weeks ago I the webhosting party install the SSL-certificate. After they have done that my back office as well as my front office show https.

In PrestaShop the SSL buttons are ON. However my Shop Info in the Advanced Parameters - Information shows still http:tastov.nl. When I view the text in .htaccess I also don't see https mentioned, but only http.

I asked the webhosting party and the employee told me to ask a PrestaShop expert.

In DB Backup I just made a backup.

I don't know if this also made a copy of my store.

Is this something you can also help me with?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

K

Edited by 19Karen70

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bocco said:

@El Patron I have the same problem as 19Karen70. I have slovenian and croatian language and I can't update seo&url. I get "the field url_rewrite is invalid. 

My test webpage is presta7.mojatrgovinica.si

Hi, one of my team solved this for Karen but we are still working with her.  When I reviewed her shop and yours as well we see demo products etc.  I guided here to 'first' build her catalog, i.e. don't stop because of friendly url issue which can be addressed later.

1) build a category/product catalog...without this nothing else matters...

2) do not worry about design/logo's/payment/urls until 1) is done

2 hours ago, SONIYATSILA said:

Build my website in PrestaShop I try to translate the URL to SEO and traffic in my language. After translating it and pressing Save, I get the message "the url_rewrite field is invalid". However, the friendly URL button is enabled and, after checking my .htaccess, the mod_rewrite is also enabled. After reading a lot of information, this seems like a message that should not happen.

please open new topic of your very own for best community support.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, El Patron said:

Hi, one of my team solved this for Karen but we are still working with her.  When I reviewed her shop and yours as well we see demo products etc.  I guided here to 'first' build her catalog, i.e. don't stop because of friendly url issue which can be addressed later.

1) build a category/product catalog...without this nothing else matters...

2) do not worry about design/logo's/payment/urls until 1) is done

How did you solve with Karen?

OK, I think I have found solution. As @wmh90 explained problem derives in deleted languages which still remain in database. 

First of all make backup of your web shop before you make any changes. 

Go to backoffice to International/Localization/Languages and check for Id of languages installed.

Log into cpanel, phpmyadmin and locate your database and then search for psfm_meta_lang table. Open it and filter id_lang by ascending number of Id. Delete all pages of id languages you don't need them. 

Then go to backoffice of your prestashop store into Traffic&SEO. Now you can edit URL pages. If you have to use more than 1 word in rewritten url, use sign - between words, for example: page-not-found. And use only english letter a-z. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2019 at 4:16 PM, Bocco said:

OK, I think I have found solution. As @wmh90 explained problem derives in deleted languages which still remain in database. 

First of all make backup of your web shop before you make any changes. 

Go to backoffice to International/Localization/Languages and check for Id of languages installed.

Log into cpanel, phpmyadmin and locate your database and then search for psfm_meta_lang table. Open it and filter id_lang by ascending number of Id. Delete all pages of id languages you don't need them. 

Then go to backoffice of your prestashop store into Traffic&SEO. Now you can edit URL pages. If you have to use more than 1 word in rewritten url, use sign - between words, for example: page-not-found. And use only english letter a-z. 

It works!

We were having troubles with our web https://pmptechnologyspain.com so we couldn't improve our SEO.

Thank you very much!!!

Edited by Marcos Pastoriza
Mencionar mi caso (see edit history)
  • Like 1