Status 500 errors & max_user_connections on product page (backend)

Dreeuwtje

Since i've reinstalled Prestashop 1.7 (a rebuild for a 1.6 site) i'm encountering lots of status 500 errors when modifying products. 
When loading the product page (product/form/id/...) there is 500 errors on some json pages, like index.php/attribute/get-all,  /index.php/specific-price/list/, index.php/combination/product-combinations, (randomly, not always all of them) which causes the page not to function. 

When loading the json pages seperately the problem doesn't occur. The problem exists on all product pages. 

Subsequently, when saving a change, the 500 error occurs on the save url (POST) /admin/index.php/product/form/... url as well - about 60% of all requests. 

The 500 errors seems to be caused by a max_user_connnections mysql error:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User (...) already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in (...)/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:43

Stack trace:

#0 (...)/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(43): PDO->__construct((...))

#1 (...)/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOMySql/Driver.php(44): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->__construct(...)

#2 (...)/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(360): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver->connect(...)

#3 (...)/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Chain.php on line 129

Thinking a raise of the allowed connections would fix the problem, i've contacted the hosting provider, but they reckon it is not a common (Prestashop) issue, and the limit they maintain should be sufficient.  (I'm not sure what the limit is).

Doing some research i found that it could be a over eager crawler/bot, so i've disallowed all in robots.txt - without any improvement. (And it also happens locally bt==. 

Also, i do not think it is caused by any third-party modules, since i've only installed a single payment module.

Is anyone familiair with this problem? What could cause this issue and how could it be solved? 

Love to hear.

Laura

• 10 months later...

We have a limit of 100 - but the message still shows 30

In addition, this can happen when we only have 2 or 3 users online according to analytics

Our hosting provider say it is a know inssue with prestashop not releasing db connection, so i am trying to see if anyone else who has had this has managed to find a solution

regards

- Andrew