Cover image never shown at first with combinations

Yves

Hi there!

First of all: I'm using version 1.7.4.4.

Situation: I create a combination product with 6 combinations and - for example - 4 images: the cover image to illustrate all possibilities, the image of combination 1+4, the image of combination 2+5 and the image of combination 3+6. However, the cover image to illustrate all possibilities is never shown...

2115885513_coverimagemaininfo.thumb.png.48b6557443924fd3fbf4caaad3babe6a.png

All combinations are only linked to the correct image of that combination to improve the interpretation.

1984060490_combinationswithassociatedimage.thumb.png.c82b12547f4f88a13bcc018e55274b07.png

As one of the combinations is (always?) set as the default combination (for example combination 6), the image of combination 6 is always shown in the product list at the front end.

How can I force the cover image of the main information to be shown instead of the default combination image in the product list as a useful trigger to understand all possible combinations?

311868179_howtoshowcoverimageonresultapage.thumb.png.26821752ab07f0e6657eb74b14b705e0.png

Thanks is advance!

Edited by Yves
a part of the tekst forgotten... (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello guys.

Back in the day when i had my own shop, i had a similar problem with the images. In my situation i wanted all the "green images" to show on the "green-attribute combination". So i developed ImageAssignator. https://bit.ly/2TsXyCx

In your case, @Yves i believe this module could work too. The idea behind the Image Assignator is to assign with 2-3 clicks all the images to all the combinations that you want, or to assign specific images to specific combinations. You could assign "Cover" image to all existing combinations and then append the specific images to the specific combinations.

Ex:

Attributes: Red, Blue

Combinations: Red Combination, Blue Combination.

Step 1: You assign Cover Image to Red Combination and Blue Combination.

Step 2: You then assign Red Image to Red Combination. This combination will now have Cover Image and Red Combination

Step 3: You do the same for Blue Image to Blue Combination.

This is a simple solution and may fix your issue. The only downside to it is that you will have "Cover" image when you click the green attribute in the select box. It can be made to hide the cover image once an attribute is selected from the dropdown but you have to edit the front-end functionality and somehow go around the fact that Prestashop uses default combinations at the CORE of a product page. This can complicate things a bit.

@ritopina does this solution help you too ? 

To all guys who may be interested in seeing the live-demo, this is the link towards it: https://bit.ly/2UJXtLh

User: [email protected]

Pass: demodemo

Respectfully,

Bogdan

Monszaic Concepts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i have 1.7.5 and this bug should been fixed a long time ago. If anyone is interested i found a solution.

1. Add combination named "p"

2. Attach this combination "p" to picture You want to have as cover. And set up as cover hit save button.

3. Turn on dissapiring combinations when out of stock.

In this case You have a combination that is Cover image and its out of stock so when someone enter the product it show only avalable combinations.

• 2 weeks later...

Did someone solve this problem?

To fix the problem i used c64girl solution but i would like to show the combinations when out of stock!

There is any way to fix this bug? Maybe changing the code of some files?

• 4 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 2:40 PM, Yves said:

Hi there!

First of all: I'm using version 1.7.4.4.

Situation: I create a combination product with 6 combinations and - for example - 4 images: the cover image to illustrate all possibilities, the image of combination 1+4, the image of combination 2+5 and the image of combination 3+6. However, the cover image to illustrate all possibilities is never shown...

2115885513_coverimagemaininfo.thumb.png.48b6557443924fd3fbf4caaad3babe6a.png

All combinations are only linked to the correct image of that combination to improve the interpretation.

1984060490_combinationswithassociatedimage.thumb.png.c82b12547f4f88a13bcc018e55274b07.png

As one of the combinations is (always?) set as the default combination (for example combination 6), the image of combination 6 is always shown in the product list at the front end.

How can I force the cover image of the main information to be shown instead of the default combination image in the product list as a useful trigger to understand all possible combinations?

311868179_howtoshowcoverimageonresultapage.thumb.png.26821752ab07f0e6657eb74b14b705e0.png

Thanks is advance!

Follow this guide How to show cover image of your product with combination in PrestaShop 1.7

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, dinesh badrukhiya said:

Hello dinesh adrukhiya,

I have read the guide you recommended but I can't find the code mentioned in the guide in the pathtemplates \ catalog \ _partials \ miniatures \ product.tpl

I use prestashop 1.7.6.8

Could you help me understand how to insert a cover image different from the one that prestashop automatically takes from the product combination?

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help me.

Excuse my English but I'm Italian

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, ozn3 said:

Did someone solve this problem?

To fix the problem i used c64girl solution but i would like to show the combinations when out of stock!

There is any way to fix this bug? Maybe changing the code of some files?

I hide the not avalable attributes using css.

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2020 at 9:20 PM, Mastuzza said:

Hello dinesh adrukhiya,

I have read the guide you recommended but I can't find the code mentioned in the guide in the pathtemplates \ catalog \ _partials \ miniatures \ product.tpl

I use prestashop 1.7.6.8

Could you help me understand how to insert a cover image different from the one that prestashop automatically takes from the product combination?

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help me.

Excuse my English but I'm Italian

Me too - anyone know where to find the code on 1.7.6.8?