Directory is not writable

Hi, 

I have recently installed prestashop 1.7, and it has been a smooth process. I was able to add products etc easily, but when i try to place an order, or change the status of the order, it shows me the following error:

Directory /home/gulberg/public_html/log is not writable

I have tried locating log file in my cpanel, but no success. I understand that its some permission issue, but since i cant find Log file, i am unable to do so. 

You can also go to my website: www.izharshop.com to check.

Any help will appreciated. 

Untitled.png

• 2 years later...

Hi, 

I have recently installed prestashop 1.7. I was able to add products etc easily, but when i try to place an order, or change the status of the order, it shows me the following error:

Directory /home/srinidhi/public_html/app/logs is not writable

created log folder and gave 755 permission in directory    /home/srinidhi/public_html/app/ receiving the same error

error.JPG

5 minutes ago, vinoo said:

Hi, 

I have recently installed prestashop 1.7. I was able to add products etc easily, but when i try to place an order, or change the status of the order, it shows me the following error:

Directory /home/srinidhi/public_html/app/logs is not writable

created log folder and gave 755 permission in directory    /home/srinidhi/public_html/app/ receiving the same error

Please make sure all these folder are 755 (also sub directory's)
Like requested by Prestashop (https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/localhost/#setting-up-file-rights)

./admin-dev/autoupgrade
./app/config
./app/logs
./app/Resources/translations
./cache
./config
./download
./img
./log
./mails
./modules
./themes
./translations
./upload
./var

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vinoo said:

thank you, now i am receiving the below error, do i need to reach out to instamojo payment gateway team for support?

ERROR 1.JPG

Not sure this is not a "real" error more a warning that you have to fill in all fields. You can try to delete your cache and see whats happening

i have noticed the reason for error is phone no field in the order form is updated as optional, it should be updated as mandatory.  once entering the phone no field it is moving to the payment option.

how to edit the word Optional in order form and make update it as mandatory.

TIA