Backend & Frontend very slow

AVANT PRINT

Hi Guys,

My backend is very slow and sometimes even my frontend.  I am hosting my store with IPAGE  also I took screen shots of my Configuration Information :

1449919748_Screenshot2018-12-16at09_53_59.thumb.png.bd089dbb64e584652ea19b00aeddc540.png

also I found that under List of changes Files there is an updated file  : robots.txt   what is this file ? 

1146971153_Screenshot2018-12-16at09_54_09.thumb.png.94b2d59e24134e1193b6d1a7cf3561e9.png

Can someone help please

Regards

Victor

Hi,

If you are hosted on a shared server, the problem of slowness may come from other users of that server.

With regard to the PrestaShop version used, you can upgrade your PHP version to 7.1, be careful that your Wordpress version on the same server can also work with this version of PHP.

You can also look at the configuration of the Performance menu because currently you don't seem to have activated the basic tools to improve performance, logic in development phase, but maybe you could test yourself to understand if it will improve your feeling.

17 minutes ago, Mediacom87 said:

Hi,

If you are hosted on a shared server, the problem of slowness may come from other users of that server.

With regard to the PrestaShop version used, you can upgrade your PHP version to 7.1, be careful that your Wordpress version on the same server can also work with this version of PHP.

You can also look at the configuration of the Performance menu because currently you don't seem to have activated the basic tools to improve performance, logic in development phase, but maybe you could test yourself to understand if it will improve your feeling.

Thanks for the reply

When installed to PHP ver 7.1 prestashop dint work and they had to downgrade PHP to 5.6.3  thats what ipage support agents told me. Also I have a wordpress website installed on the same hosting.

Also I found that under List of changes Files there is an updated file  : robots.txt   what is this file ? 

Thanks

Victor

32 minutes ago, Avant Print said:

When installed to PHP ver 7.1 prestashop dint work and they had to downgrade PHP to 5.6.3  thats what ipage support agents told me

Did not work is not an answer, PrestaShop 1.7 supports PHP 7.1 but maybe some module you have is not compatible with that version. But in that case

some error message would show. Not that PHP 5.6 will be outdated next year. iPage and shared hosting is not great solution. I see your WordPress site is not that

fast either and it should be flying.  Do check both PrestaShop and WordPress file system, long shot, but maybe you have been hacked if there are lot of random named

files like ifus9f86.php that contain encoded text?

robots.txt is file created by PrestaShop in  Traffic & SEO  >  SEO & URLs you can regenerate it.

And have you tried to run profiling ?  I have sent you link.