Lack of Free Modules or customizing in 1.7 complaint

Ok, I hope that Prestashop staff is reading this. This is a formal complaint I am writing about the lack of free modules for the 1.7 version of Prestashop.

Can you explain why there is no more free modules for 1.7, like shipping modules (UPS, Fedex...) Those modules where free with the 1.6 version.

I don't understand why you are not going the freeware route anymore, like it was before you changed for 1.7

You also removed a lot of customizing options in 1.7

I thought that the goal of upgrading your software to a newer version would have mean to add more functionnality, but you did exactly the opposite.

I don't know why you did this, but this is very frustrating and I think a lot of Prestashop users are very mad at you. Those décisions you have made will be harmful for your business. You will loose a lot of users who will migrate to another ecommerce solution.

I really miss the old Prestashop philosophy, but now it's gone. You still have time to change your destiny before you loose a lot of users.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree. I knew all the items I bought for 1.6 would be useless but I did not think I couldn't replace some of them. 

More important things that are so important like sitemap are not even included. 

This release was premature and should still be in beta.

My opinion 

It's sad to hear opinion like yours but you have full right to be unsatisfied.

However you should keep in mind a few things

1) Not to go to PS1.7 in the short term sounds like good solution, but in the long term would really hurt the company.

2) Most of the modules developed by the community not PrestaShop team, because PS1.6 launched in 2014 there was a lot of time to develop modules. PS1.7 will catch up eventually.

• 1 month later...

Shipping carrier modules are as basic as it gets.  1.7 should not have launched without them.  Paying $100+ for this basic functionality is ridiculous.  I've spent a week building a site, that I'm just going to scrap due to hundreds of dollars in modules needed for features that other carts provide free.