Cant find global.css

jorzech

i have a problem, my titles are not showing completely, if you inspect the element in your browser and change the title height to 64px it will show completely.

Normally its 32px which is not enough.

my website so you can check it out yourself: usa-autoteile.com

Therefore id like to change the CSS file. I already modified the Angartheme.css (i am using angartheme btw) but it still does not shot all the 64px because it gets overwritten by some other file my browser does not want to tell me what it ist.

I have added a Screenshot, Firefox just calls it "inline", Chrome calls it "index" i guess it will be the global.css, but i cant find it.

If global.css is not the right file i am looking for, please correct me.

Thanks

1.PNG

2.PNG

What I am struggling with right now is that I cannot for the life of me find the the corresponding files that edit the main page's HTML. It should be somekind of .css or .tpl file in the server directory, right?

From other forum posts I gathered that I can't edit the page's HTML code directly, is that true? If so, where am I supposed to look for the right files to edit in my web server directory?

Chrome's Inspect tool tells me, that this height command is saved in "index:70". However, I'm unable to find any file to edit in my root directory where my index page is located.

FireFox Inspect tells me the line of code is saved in "inline:7".

I am confused, I've been searching for the right files for days now.

Also, my custom angartheme.css is working as it should and everything looks like I want it to when I manually disable the globals.css located in my "index" directory via the developer tools.

However, the global.css overwrites the custom theme .css. Any way to change that?

Best regards

It's in /themes/AngarTheme/assets/css/theme.css.

However it's minified so might be a pain in the bun to edit.

I would sugest to add in your CSS file ( Angartheme.css) :

.products .product-miniature .product-title {
    height: 70px !important;
}

Clear cache  refresh your page (ctrl+F5) and check if it works.

Using !important is not the best practice but sounds like the best solution for you at the moment.

Edited by taniacr (see edit history)
  • Like 1

hi my solution was adding:

.products .product-miniature .product-title {
    min-height: 70px;
}

because i noticed in the source code, that after the CSS the html file tells the titles to be 32px but this gets fixed it you tell it beforehand that its too small.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Scheint irgendwie nicht zu funktionieren.
Die custom.css ist ja eigentlich noch leer.
Anbei der Code:

/*
 * Custom code goes here.
 * A template should always ship with an empty custom.css
 */
 #block_top_menu ul li ul {display:none!important;}

Vielleicht habe ich ja etwas vergessen?

Gruß

Domenico

Sollte so passen - die Datei ist leer und wird mit den Anweisungen gefüllt die den Standard übersteuern sollen - damit bleiben deine Anpassungen bei Template Updates erhalten.
Schau mal im Browser ob die custom.css auch geladen wurde. Falls CSS Kompression aktiviert istr musst du noch den Cache löschen und deine Seite im Browser komplett neu laden (STRG-F5)

Hallo, ich wollte heute ein mal die Lösung mitteilen.
Der Tip mit der cusom.css ist natürlich korrekt:
Ich habe dann aber nach langem Suchen bemerkt, dass das menü in der 1.7 "#_desktop_top_menu" benannt wurde und die Änderung somit natürlich nicht vorgenommen wurde.
Nachdem ich jetzt den korrekten Namen eingetragen habe, läuft alles wie gewünscht.

Ich bedanke mich für die ganzen Tips.

Gruß
Domenico

• Like 1