Apply Discounts to products AND shipping

TempleClause

I would like to apply discounts to products and shipping. 
So for example I have product in my cart which costs $25 and shipping is 5$. 
If I apply a discount for $27, I would like the customer to pay $3. But right now he has to pay $5 and his voucher will have a remaining value of $2 which is very annoying. 

In the backend in the cart rules panel, there is an attribute called "apply discount to". But the only available options are "Order (without shipping)" and "Specific product".

Is there an easy fix to this? I wouldn't mind if all cart rules would be applied to the order including shipping. 
I am a developer myself so I am not shy to edit any php files directly. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be helpful already.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2018 at 1:09 PM, TempleClause said:

I would like to apply discounts to products and shipping. 
So for example I have product in my cart which costs $25 and shipping is 5$. 
If I apply a discount for $27, I would like the customer to pay $3. But right now he has to pay $5 and his voucher will have a remaining value of $2 which is very annoying. 

In the backend in the cart rules panel, there is an attribute called "apply discount to". But the only available options are "Order (without shipping)" and "Specific product".

Is there an easy fix to this? I wouldn't mind if all cart rules would be applied to the order including shipping. 
I am a developer myself so I am not shy to edit any php files directly. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be helpful already.

Thanks

Hi, did you find solution?