Managing groups in prestashop 1.6

medic

Hi all! i'm pretty much newbie in prestashop and have few questions about groups.

I need to create separate group (customers from one country for example) which will see only some parts of shop or categories. This I've created successfully.  

My question is, how could I move all already registered customers (from that country) in created group most efficient (not manually customer by customer)? is there any module or easy fast solution? 

And, what I need to do or set, that all future customers from that country will automatically be placed in that group upon registration? 

Thank you very much for answers. Regards 

is there not any other way to do that but manually for each customer after registration? 

our customers all from many different countries and some product are not suitable for that specific country and we want  they to not see specific categories. 

18 minutes ago, medic said:

is there not any other way to do that but manually for each customer after registration? 

our customers all from many different countries and some product are not suitable for that specific country and we want  they to not see specific categories. 

the problem is that non-logged visitors will see products, only after they register and 'then' get slotted to group manually or via custom code.

and hiding specific categories is really a no-go unless you  build a complex multishop using country codes and even then you have no guarantee they will land on correct shop or switch to their country via prompt....that's a mess

you are better off with a product by country....where product is hidden or visible(preferred) but visitor from that country is not allowed to say add to cart.  this way your shop is 'not' punished for 'hiding' content,  your sitemaps are the same....we have that module we just did but have  no released, not trying to sell it but it was the only way to handle 'by country' views of shop catalog.  so, if product not avail in UK, the add to cart button is removed with msg that product is not avail in your 'country'.....this is very amazonish logic.

I am not concern whatever visitor can see or not. Some products are banned for sale in one of many countries that we sell.

biggest problem now is, after they made registration, and we are not online for change their customer group quickly, they make purchase of product which are not allowed for them and then we have mess to clarify situation with them, money returns and etc.

product by country - that sounds like a fitting solution, where can i find that module?

3 hours ago, medic said:

I am not concern whatever visitor can see or not. Some products are banned for sale in one of many countries that we sell.

biggest problem now is, after they made registration, and we are not online for change their customer group quickly, they make purchase of product which are not allowed for them and then we have mess to clarify situation with them, money returns and etc.

product by country - that sounds like a fitting solution, where can i find that module?

there are I think p by c module on addons.  we have one that has not been released but well tested and is in process of being added to addons.  you can contact me though my shop (see signature) and maybe we can work out free module for you and we can get experience with module on your shop.