vekia

Free module: top horizontal menu with dropdown - For PS 1.7 / 1.6

If you are looking for free module to create top horizontal menu in shop with "drop down" for each menu item as i show on the screenshots below - this is the right choice. Addon is absolutely free, there is no hidden fees etc. Just download, install and use it in your e-commerce website based on PrestShop in version 1.7.x or 1.6.x.

This module is an alternative for prestashop's default ps_mainmenu "main menu" (for ps 1.7) and blocktopmenu "top horizontal menu" (for ps 1.6).

Download links are available at the bottom of this topic, below the screenshots.
blocktopdropdownmenu16.zip - package for prestashop 1.6.x releases
blocktopdropdownmenu17.zip - pacakge for prestashop 1.7.x releases

block-top-menu-with-dropdowns-front.jpg

free-top-dropdowns-menu-for-prestashop.jpg

mobile-menu-support-top-dropdown.jpg

horizontal-block-top-dropdowns-box-cover-big.png

blocktopdropdownmenu16.zip

blocktopdropdownmenu17.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi there,

Very nice one ! But I can't seem to be able to put pictures in the menu. Why is that ? Where does the pictures should come from ?

Thanks!

Hello Milos 

This module has already been transplanted to this hook.

I am still not able to see Gift Card order in user's My Account.

Please login with Teamviewer or AmyAdmin to my back office to resolve this.

There are other two issues - club multiple priced gift cards into single product and allow user to select the denomination.

And other issue is free shipping. One gift product is priced at Rs. 500 where it allows free shipping but for one product even if I set the shipping as free, it still charges shipping cost. How to solve it.

Kindly give your contact details to resolve it as soon as possible as holiday season has already started.

Love this, but is there a way to completely disable the images in the menu? Also, if I have several subcategories in a menu item it tends to climb "outside" of the page? Check rsl-gaming.se and pull down "Väskor" for instance.

Edited by gorkij
Better question, solved the original one. (see edit history)

is there a tutorial how to set it to display + pictures in each category?

@vekia 

Hi, your module is what I was looking for. Could you tell me in which CSS line can I change the code to align the size of the buttons? :) Or how to remove the separators between the buttons?  I'm totally newbie in code editing ;)

//
Podpowiesz jak wyrównać wielkość przycisków niestety rozjeżdżają się mi ,chciałbym to zmienić  i/lub usunąć separatory między nimi ? :)  

86ecefc0a8f2.png

Edited by Panzerkampf (see edit history)

There is an issue - Newly added CMS categories are placed at the end of top menu - not ordered by position of categories

grazie per questo modulo :)

come posso cambiare il colore grigio di sfondo? e come posso togliere i separatori?

Grazie

Immagine.png.f2be818ec10176bff10fa446ffa17022.png

Posted (edited)

This is just what I was looking for.

I would like to know if is there some way to do the dropdown instantanialy without delays, and what css or js files I have to modify.

And I have problems in the mobile version of the module, it doesnt work fine.

Thank you very much for sharing such as wonderfull module.

Edited by frany (see edit history)

Bonjour,

J'ai installé le module mais il ne fonctionne pas en responsive. Il affiche seulement le premier niveau.

De plus, impossible de remettre le menu horizontal prestashop par défaut...il ne s'affiche plus!

Si quelqu'un a une solution, merci d'avance,

Bonne journée

Marilyne

I found a solution here,

It is without installing a new plugin, al you need to do is to change the code in the original main menu.

Good Luck.

Francisco.

Bonjour, je n'ai pas compris la solution donnée ?  🙂

Egalement quelqu'un aurait le code a mettre pour regler la vitesse de defilement de ce menu? Merci 

Hello, I did not understand the given solution? 🙂

Also someone would have the code to set the scrolling speed of this menu? Thank you

Hello,

In top menu - CMS categories should be sorted by position but are sorted by ID - this is a problem. Do you have a solution?

Posted (edited)
On 12/16/2018 at 10:14 PM, gorkij said:

Love this, but is there a way to completely disable the images in the menu? Also, if I have several subcategories in a menu item it tends to climb "outside" of the page? Check rsl-gaming.se and pull down "Väskor" for instance.

Hello.

Have you already solved the problem of showing subcategories outside the page?

Edited by rillo balboa (see edit history)

On 4/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, rillo balboa said:

Hello.

Have you already solved the problem of showing subcategories outside the page?

Hi, and no. Not being a coder this proves a rather annoying problem for me. Any help would be appreciated, and I could imagine it'd be something the original author might want to check up on. Unfortunatly, I'vnt seen @vekia reply to this thread as of yet.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:48 PM, gorkij said:

Hi, and no. Not being a coder this proves a rather annoying problem for me. Any help would be appreciated, and I could imagine it'd be something the original author might want to check up on. Unfortunatly, I'vnt seen @vekia reply to this thread as of yet.

This is a problem. If you have many subcategories they just fold to the right always, so eventually they get hidden off screen 😞
There should be some kind of trigger to make subitems fold left when the end of screen is reached...

hi,

The links in the menu arent visible on mobile.

Any thoughts?

On 12/6/2018 at 5:06 AM, vekia said:

free module to create top horizontal menu in shop with "drop down" for each menu item

blocktopdropdownmenu17.zip

Hello, is it possible to add this menu to displaynav1 hook same like the native prestashop main menu module?

On 8/13/2019 at 7:10 PM, Dan1 said:

Hello, is it possible to add this menu to displaynav1 hook same like the native prestashop main menu module?

I think so, yes. Just rehook it and see what happens?

Also, if someone managed to limit the subcategories on this fine software, please tell me how you did that. :)

Posted (edited)

Search bar does not work, pressing enter doesnt work, no button to press, nothing. Everything else works perfectly.

Edited by Danielp94 (see edit history)

Hi, 

Really thanks for your module, could you please help me with this problem photo in attachment.

thanks 

Problem 1.png