Shipping VAT as average VAT of products

stoycho

Hi,

In Switzerland they apply to the shipping cost the average VAT of all the products in the order.

Is it possible to configure PrestaShop carriers/taxes in some way to achieve this, or I have to write some hooks/overrides/modules?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, stoycho said:

Hi,

In Switzerland they apply to the shipping cost the average VAT of all the products in the order.

Is it possible to configure PrestaShop carriers/taxes in some way to achieve this, or I have to write some hooks/overrides/modules?

Thanks in advance.

Can you explain a bit more

I can see the VAT rates are

• Switzerland standard VAT rate: 7.7%.
  • Switzerland reduced VAT rate: 3.8% (Hotels).
  • Further reduced VAT rate: 2.5% (Foodstuffs, books, foodstuffs, water).
  • Exempt from Swiss VAT: insurance, financial services, education, health.

So do you mean that if the order is for 1 item at 7.7% and 1 item at 3.8% then the shipping has to be at (7.7+3.8)/2?

1 minute ago, haylau said:

So do you mean that if the order is for 1 item at 7.7% and 1 item at 3.8% then the shipping has to be at (7.7+3.8)/2?

No, not exactly. It depends how much is the amount of the item 1 and item 2 before the tax.

If the amount of item 1 before VAT is 10 and the amount of item 2 before VAT is 100, then the VAT for the shipping would be (( 7.7% * 10 + 3.8% *100) - (10 + 100))/(10 +100) ~ 4.15% (if I didn't make any mistake in my calculs) . The function getAverageProductsTaxRate in Cart.php does the same calculation, I think.

Thanks for the hint, but I have decided to override the getPackageShippingCost method in Cart.php for now.

Maybe later if we have enough time for that we will make something more accurate and consistent with the PrestaShop logic.

Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

Hi @stoycho

I have a similar problem in Sweden. We sell both used and new books. The used books have 0% VAT and the new books has 6% VAT. How did you go about implementing your swiss VAT? Can you post your changes in cart.php you mentioned and tell me where I can find that file?

The swedish VAT procedure means that if I sell a used book for 100 SEK (0% VAT) and also a new book for 200 SEK (6% VAT) in the same order, the freight VAT should be 2/3 6% VAT.

If the freight is 55 SEK, it means that 55/3=18,33 SEK has 0% VAT and (55/3)*2 = 36,67 SEK should be eligable for 6% VAT = 2,08 SEK. 

If this isn't  possible I have to set the freight VAT to the swedish standard VAT 25%, which means that I have to pay too much in VAT tax. 

With kind regards,
 - Johan.