Update from 1.6.0.9 to 1.7.4.4 Errors

Hei!

My webhotel has updated to PHP 7.2 and my Prestashop 1.6.0.9 doesn't work any more. I tried to change the PHP version back to PHP 5,6 (work only 1 week or so, after Dec.03 it has to run PHP 7.2), and try to update Presta shop. I tried to use 1-click update, at the very end, came the error:

All files upgraded. Now upgrading database......

[Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

At the same time, I found out I couldn't get into either the frontpage of my shop www.flinkmamma.no, nor the Admin page: http://flinkmamma.no/admin9419/

the error message reads as:

Error: "install" directory is missing

When I can't go inn Admin page any more, I can't even rull back to the old version og do other update. What shall I do now? Please help, urgent!

The easiest way to solve your problem would be to copy your backup of the website and database back to the server.
Afterwards you can decide if you want to stay with your current shop and change your hosting provider or you go step by step by step in updating. So from 1.6.0.9 to an 1.6.1.x version and than if that version works make the next step to 1.7.x

3 hours ago, NSN said:

The easiest way to solve your problem would be to copy your backup of the website and database back to the server.
Afterwards you can decide if you want to stay with your current shop and change your hosting provider or you go step by step by step in updating. So from 1.6.0.9 to an 1.6.1.x version and than if that version works make the next step to 1.7.x

Hi! Thanks for answering! I guess I know how to restore the database (althouth I haven't tried that before either) but I'm not sure how to copy the backup the website.

The backup files (.sql.gz) show in the picture bellow are database, right?

image.png.9617b49bed39d2bd18dc02ae70f08d10.png

And (.zip) files show in this picture bellow ("backup" files in Autoupgrade) must be backup of the website? How should I use them to restore the earlier version? 

image.png.67b2d963ed230bd7e05515b87280e482.png

I can no longer go in the shop or the Backoffice, so I guess I have to restore it by FTP... 

The picture bellow is how the root files look like -

image.png.9066472e1fec14c64a8ef6cd9d453701.png

Can you please teach me how to do it? Thanks a lot in advance! 

Edited by MinaMina (see edit history)

Frankly speaking I have never done it that way. I usually make a manual backup of all my files (the entire shop files and the database) before I make any changes in the shop, so I can only try to assist you, but before doing so I would like to ask you if you have maybe automated backups from your hosting service. Some hosting providers have such an automated backup service that backs up all your files so that you can restore it by using cPanel for example. In that case it would be only one click and it would run again.

• Like 1

No, I don't have it. The automated backup service from my webhotel is not for free, and I didn't buy the service.

I checked the files I have on the server, under Autoupgrade/Backup, there's a fileholder called "V1.6.0.9_201811119...."

image.png.df033a499b211bc62f0588b2290612c4.png

In this holder there are many files, looks like the ones I backuped on Nov.19. and they all look like database files, but I don't know why so many...

image.png.adfaf38b655d0446a8373b65d610e10e.png

Version 1,6 can't work with PHP7,2, and my webhotel will change to PHP7,2 on Des.3. If I restored 1,6, I have to update it later. To have the shop back running now, do you think I have better chance to restore V1,6 or just install a new V1,7 and try to install the database back? I hope the shop is back and running and I won't lost the products and earlier orders/customers info of couse.

I have no idea if it is possible to use the auto-backup from Prestashop without using the prestashop backoffice. If these backup files are the only ones you have I would try an other way of solving the problem.

If you haven't made lots of changes in your shop so that it was nearly basic prestashop and your main intention is to get your items and orders back in a running shop I would try the following (without any guarantee that it works)

1. save all the files (just in case)
  2. install a clean prestashop 1.6.0.9 on a different place (e.g. a subdomain)
  3. import the database backup (should bring back orders, customer, items, etc.)
  4. copy the img folder from your old shop to the new shop

If that works and your orders, items, etc. are back, than start to update to 1.6.1.x and from there t 1.7.x , but make a manual backup before every update so that you don't face the same problem again.
Do the updates before installing any modules or make other changes because the might not work in 1.7 so it would be a waste of time.

Problem is I can't get a clean 1.6.09 now. In Prestashop's download choices, the earliest one is already 1.7. I googled it and found a link for download 1.6.09 but it didn't work. Now I'm trying to use the backup files from my server to copy it to my shop, if it doesn't work, I guess I have to make a clean install for a new version. There's risk in losting data, but since both the shop and backoffice don't work, I don't have many choices....

Hi again! I have a clean install for 1.6.09 and it seems it works with PHP 7,1 as well. But I can't restore/Import the database. 

First I tried to use the backup from earlier shop and get this message -

image.png.c0810c0c01048d192056ec65f531d8e6.png

Since I have also backuped the database from MY SQL, and I tried that file as well and got a different error -

image.png.5c7592030c8600166d0a45ae54da9e3a.png

Any idea how to fix it? 

The database backup from MYSQL, was that backup made before your tried to update to 1.7 or after you tried?

If it is a backup from before it should work but you have to import the database manually and not via backoffice function of restore.
Take a look here who to make it
https://mypresta.eu/en/art/basic-tutorials/prestashop-database-import.html

BTW, I'm pretty sure that your shop wont run on PHP7.1
There is a possibility to make it run with PHP7.1 but therefore the shop needs some modifications.

I have backuped database fra Nov. 19 and it was before I tried to update to 1,7, and I have bckuped database from Nov.28, that was after. I tried both, but exactly the same problem. I did use MyPHP to import the database, didn't use back office, these errors are from the importing. 👿

I'm sorry, but at this point I have to pass. I hardly make database imports and the few imports I did went without an error so I have no clue what the problem could be or how it can be fixed.
Since the shop is now back on 1.6 and the current problem is the import of the database it might be not bad to open a new topic for it. There might be more feedback than for this topic.

Hello Mina,

Let me give you 2 advices.

After reinstalling the clean version 1.6.09 install again 1-click, after this copy the old back up foulder with all site and db backup files to the clean version same place, so you can roll back from 1-click again to the backed up version.

If it won't work or creates errors than must do the same thing in local and than make a manual restore copying files within FTP software (not from web).

I hope it helps you.

Best wishes

Bledy