Images not showing for products in 1.7.4.4

kentishembroidery

I have tried Friendly urls in SEO&URLS turning on and off.

When viewing the product in the back end I can see the image, but once I go to edit the product, it's blank.

When viewing the product on the front end, there is no image.

URL for mini image in product list in the back end it
product_mini_81.jpg?time=1543412071

Screenshots below and original image to be uploaded.

Can anyone please advise me.
Thank you in advance.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

341 (5).jpg

Edited by kentishembroidery
Added product image. (see edit history)

I can only give the hints that you probably already know. You already did friendly URL's, off, save, on, save. Probably also cleared cache, force compliation of templates, rebuild search index? Is this a fresh install, and do other fresh installs on the same server behave the same? PHP version issue? Server compatibility?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This issue hounded me for days after I upgraded a client's site from 1.6.16 to 1.7...what ever it was, and product images didn't show on the site or in the product lists in the back office.

The migration tool I used had a small bug which caused a failure of the migration from the old ps_image_shop table to the new one.

I had to migrate this table's contents manually, and the images still didn't show.

It was then I noticed the old ps_image_shop table has it's columns in this order:

id_image
id_shop
cover
id_product

The new ps_image_shop table has the id_product column first, ie:

id_product
id_image
id_shop
cover

I reimported the data in this correct order, and BAMM, the product images appeared instantly!

• 11 months later...

Here are the steps

Check below table ps_configuration and inside that you have the below 

• PS_SHOP_DOMAIN (It should be just yourdomain.com)
  • PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL  (It should be just yourdomain.com)
  • Then Checl the Shop URL Table and it should  be your domain (It should be just yourdomain.com)

Do not add www or http, https once its checked

Please in the admin, under Settings>>> Traffic & SEO

goto Setup URL and enable NO option there, it should look like red color NO.

Clear the cache from Advance parameter and it will work. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/30/2021 at 12:16 PM, uzishabab said:

Hi,

Regenerate images and after that regenerate .htaccess

index.png

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it. The site is huge so regnerating the thumbnails brings the server (4GB VPS) to a standstill, so I cannot do this. I have tried regenerating .htaccess on it's own but with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Rizzzle said:

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it. The site is huge so regnerating the thumbnails brings the server (4GB VPS) to a standstill, so I cannot do this. I have tried regenerating .htaccess on it's own but with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi, 

disable friendly urls and check images are showing or not ?

6 hours ago, uzishabab said:

Hi, 

disable friendly urls and check images are showing or not ?

Hello,

I have just tried. Problem still exists with friendly urls disabled.

My issue is with adding NEW images. All previous images are there, I just can't add any new images. I've made no modifications I can think of to the server. Previously has been working fine for years.

Thank you for replying to me. If you help me fix this I will be so grateful beyond words.

16 hours ago, Nickz said:

You might need more RAM if the site is so huge. Mostlikely your DB is not at optimum.

When you follow the path are the images where they should be?

The previous images are all correct. It is any NEW images I cannot add. So uo until 1 week ago we could add more products and product images, now we cannot, but the product images from one week ago are still there, like we have run out of space, yet I can see we have many GBs storage left.

I have cloned the website onto a a lower spec different VPS and it does not have this problem, so must be the server? Though our current server is supposed to be adequate for one Prestashop website: 4GB RAM, 75GB SSD, quad core processor.

There is around 1000 products with many combinations and different product images.

What do you think? Thank you so much for replying.

30 minutes ago, SmartDataSoft said:

Hello, @Rizzzle

Some time file add or upload made problem due to hosting file node limit cross or  disk space. Can you check your hosting this value is ok.

Thank you for your reply, i've just sent them an email. Let's see what they say.

12 hours ago, Rizzzle said:

I've made no modifications I can think of to the server. Previously has been working fine for years.

Is it a VPS, a Dedicated server or shared Hosting? Latest will update their php version and out source the oldest ones.

On 8/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, Nickz said:

You might need more RAM if the site is so huge. Mostlikely your DB is not at optimum.

When you follow the path are the images where they should be?

Hi Nickz,

It's a VPS. Running a fairly old version of MySQL. PHP is 7.3 

4GB RAM and 75GB HD.

I'm thinking this is a time to move webhost.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe someone (like me) needs another solution. None of the above helped me. What happend in my case and maybe in others too?

In my fresh PS 1.7.7 installation in backoffice menu: Design > Image Settings I did not have defined "image settings" - thumbnails dimensions (like small_default, medium_default etc.). I don't know why, because I didn't remove it. List of defined photo thumbnails dimensions was empty.

I just defined them, like should be by default, and after that (also at this screen, a little below) I regenerate thumbnails. That's all Works!

cart_default / 125 px / 125 px
small_default / 98 px / 98 px
medium_default / 452 px / 452 px
home_default / 250 px / 250 px
large_default / 800 px / 800 px
category_default / 141 px / 180 px
stores_default / 170 px / 115 px

The same issue as described at this topic

and I copied my answer, because when I was looking for an answer I visted this two topics :) and noone described solution like I needed. Regards!