SOLVED - Wholesale version of Prestashop 1.7.4.4 - restrict access

Morning all,

I am setting up a wholesale website using Prestashop 1.7.4.4 and I want to make the entire site password protected - so customers need a username and password before they can see any information or place orders. We will be creating and managing accounts and emailing login details to the customers. Prefer something that won't break with future updates.

Thanks as always for your advice and time.

So after getting my head out of the spin it was in - turning on B2B of course did everything I needed....

Edited by lemonpromotions
Figured it out (see edit history)

On 11/28/2018 at 3:51 PM, El Patron said:

you might also want to consider this module (there are others that help)

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/private-sales-flash-sales/28906-private-shop-authorized-clients-only.html

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply - can you tell me what this would give over and above putting the site into B2B mode wouldn't ?

7 minutes ago, lemonpromotions said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply - can you tell me what this would give over and above putting the site into B2B mode wouldn't ?

visitors would need  to login or request an account (to be approved by shop manager) before they could see prices or add to cart.  It is built on top of native PrestaShop catalog mode.  Once visitor can log in they can see prices and purchase products.  the problem with some other solutions especially those that  'hide' shop is that  they are  hidden as well to search bots, so bad for seo.   So basically if you would like hide price from  competitors or manufactures where your price does not conform to their requirements this module does that.  Happy PrestaShopping!

2 minutes ago, El Patron said:

visitors would need  to login or request an account (to be approved by shop manager) before they could see prices or add to cart.  It is built on top of native PrestaShop catalog mode.  Once visitor can log in they can see prices and purchase products.  the problem with some other solutions especially those that  'hide' shop is that  they are  hidden as well to search bots, so bad for seo.   So basically if you would like hide price from  competitors or manufactures where your price does not conform to their requirements this module does that.  Happy PrestaShopping!

Thank you for getting back to me.

This site will be accessed by account holders only, so the SEO really isn't a concern as access will be added manually - with that in mind would we need the module as well ?

1 hour ago, lemonpromotions said:

Thank you for getting back to me.

This site will be accessed by account holders only, so the SEO really isn't a concern as access will be added manually - with that in mind would we need the module as well ?

yes if you want to hide shop content from non-authorized.  I think there are modules on addon's to accomplish that.  I suppose if you wanted to have others interested apply then our module works best for that.  Cheers, el