Mixing customers carts

mark10

Hi!, 

we have the following problem with Prestashop 1.7.4.2:

1- Customer A on the web page with products on the basket.

2- Customer B on the web page with products on the basket .

3- Customer A and B go to checkout page.

4- Customer B closes session.

5- Customer B login again

6- Customer B doesn't have his basket, he has the basket from Customer A.

7- Both, customer B and Customer A have the same basket.

Customer A and B are in different networks. With this problem, some customer make an order with another account that is not yours. We receive orders from one customer, but the address is not from that customer.

Cache in prestashop is disabled, and we do not have any intermediate cache module.

Regards

I'm not a developer, but read before on the forum for such behavior from users who used some of vekia's modules for deleting orders and the database cleaner, which deletes customer carts and other entries. If you used some of the modules it could be the issue.

4 hours ago, MockoB said:

I'm not a developer, but read before on the forum for such behavior from users who used some of vekia's modules for deleting orders and the database cleaner, which deletes customer carts and other entries. If you used some of the modules it could be the issue.

to add to this, every 'cleaner' does this pretty much but people will write modules from others idea's even if they are bad.  but if i was to pick on vekia is best of the lot.

you or someone will need to go through the db and fix or worse (but easier) is starting over.

Hi guys, thanks for your answers, finally we found the issue. 

The free mailchimp module was the issue: https://addons.prestashop.com/es/newsletter-sms/26957-mailchimp-for-prestashop.html   

We don't know if this module is working fine in other prestashop versions, but with the version 1.7.4.2 is not work correctly. In addition, we have noticed a small improvement in performance, especially when we go to the checkout. The loading time is instantaneous, when before it took between 3 or 4 seconds. 

it seems that they work with the abandoned carts and I think there the problem can be found.

So, we unistalled the mailchimp module and now it's working fine, there are not more mixing carts.

Thank very much guys!

• Thanks 1

Yes @El Patron you are maybe right. But I believe one of his modules deletes already associated carts with orders, which causes future confusion. 

Actually I am considering to buy one of his modules but I’m little worried about the support if I need such, because I didn’t read much positive reviews about it ...

19 hours ago, MockoB said:

Yes @El Patron you are maybe right. But I believe one of his modules deletes already associated carts with orders, which causes future confusion. 

Actually I am considering to buy one of his modules but I’m little worried about the support if I need such, because I didn’t read much positive reviews about it ...

Hey MockoB!  we happy to help an ambassador....message me with your email address....

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the effort @El Patron but I removed the field for deleting carts from the module admin page. I just commented out the code, just to be sure I don't screw my shop one day accidentally if I forget about the bug. 

But you could easily check it  by downloading the module and help the rest of the merchants who don't know about the bug. 

advice:  never delete anything.....oh if only I had the time to replicate the issue and .doc it etc.  that is not possible. We will be doing some mailchimp work in Jan for client and then we can review provide feedback.  My understanding is mailchimp has new PS dev agency to improve their PS module, I know this agency and they will find/fix buts and actively support it.  happy selling

• 1 year later...

@El Patron 

unfortunately I read this only now. It looks like the free module from Vekkia really makes problems after deleting test orders.

We currently have the above described problems with mixing up the shopping carts.

Do you have an approach how to get this back under control?

We use PS 1.7.6.5 and used the modul Free Order delete from mypresta....

Edited by Puppo (see edit history)