Updating version......yes I am thick.

Hi, my current version is 1.4.4.0 yes I know thats bad! if it aint broke don't fix it I always thought! Well now I have to upgrade due to changes on my web hosting as it won't work any more. So, can i just do an upgrade to the latest version, or should I do upgrades to previous versions first? Sorry to be totally thick, I really dont know I managed in the first place!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, El Patron said:

as none of your 1.4 modules  or theme will work in 1.6 I recommend going to latest 1.7 as 1.6 to 1.7 you will have same, i.e. modules/theme will not be compatible.  We have done 'several' 1.7 upgrades with little issue....

Oh right! to be honest whatever version I choose, I know it wont work lol. I only have until December the 2nd to sort it, after that my current version wont work on my web hosting. May as well go the whole hog then! I have backed up. Will hold my breath and try tomorrow, thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valeriejane said:

Oh right! to be honest whatever version I choose, I know it wont work lol. I only have until December the 2nd to sort it, after that my current version wont work on my web hosting. May as well go the whole hog then! I have backed up. Will hold my breath and try tomorrow, thanks!

we started 1.7 upgrades nearly 2 years ago even a 1.0 shop!  is it easy?  for us yes...but as mentioned by @Curious you should make a running copy of your production shop,  back that up and learn upgrade process on that copy....then when you are not 'thick' you can either replace your old shop with new copy....or do it all over again on production...then it your test copy has some issues you can get help without impacting production.  Also you will want an upgrade hosting account as your hosting is as old as your 1.4.

Ah well after a few false starts I started the upgrade and it seemed to be working ok, it backed up the database, then just as it started the upgrade....I got this error message....autoupgrade/latest/prestashop does not exist or is not a directory. So I am searching for that now! I'm not really thick in general, there are lots of things I am expert at, just not this.

18 hours ago, El Patron said:

we started 1.7 upgrades nearly 2 years ago even a 1.0 shop!  is it easy?  for us yes...but as mentioned by @Curious you should make a running copy of your production shop,  back that up and learn upgrade process on that copy....then when you are not 'thick' you can either replace your old shop with new copy....or do it all over again on production...then it your test copy has some issues you can get help without impacting production.  Also you will want an upgrade hosting account as your hosting is as old as your 1.4.

How much would it cost to have it done for me El Patron? I have 3 days left!!!!

2 minutes ago, valeriejane said:

How much would it cost to have it done for me El Patron? I have 3 days left!!!!

1,000,000 GBP I know that's a lot but we only need one job like that lol.  If you are interested in us doing it please review our upgrade service and fill in the quote part and we can get back to you today.  

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/prestashop-development-services/prestashop-upgrade-service

why do you only have 3 days left?  is hosting forcing you to a  php 7?

1 minute ago, El Patron said:

1,000,000 GBP I know that's a lot but we only need one job like that lol.  If you are interested in us doing it please review our upgrade service and fill in the quote part and we can get back to you today.  

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/prestashop-development-services/prestashop-upgrade-service

why do you only have 3 days left?  is hosting forcing you to a  php 7?

Hahaha cheap at half the price! I have filled in the form, yes upgrading to php7.

Just now, valeriejane said:

Hahaha cheap at half the price! I have filled in the form, yes upgrading to php7.

we could just move  to 'reasonable' hosting.  they should 'not' be removing php5.6 from use...also your shop is in maint. mode is there reason for that?  moving to a new hosting is cheaper if you are happy with your existing shop.  I'll go sort all the stuff for upgrade quote....but let me know if you just want to put you on hosting that is compatible with your shop...also did you call your hosting and tell them what impact their change was going to make? 

1 minute ago, El Patron said:

we could just move  to 'reasonable' hosting.  they should 'not' be removing php5.6 from use...also your shop is in maint. mode is there reason for that?  moving to a new hosting is cheaper if you are happy with your existing shop.  I'll go sort all the stuff for upgrade quote....but let me know if you just want to put you on hosting that is compatible with your shop...also did you call your hosting and tell them what impact their change was going to make? 

Its in maintenance while i was trying to upgrade! I did chat to help, it cant be helped apparently, I'm happy with my hosting, its cheap!