Cannot login to front office - TOO MANY REDIRECTS

Hello forum!

I have created some dummy accounts to test the functionality of my eshop and I am having the following problem:

every time I try to log in I get the "ERR TOO MANY REDIRECTS" error. The page trying to load is the "my account" page and it - obviously - doesn't load. However, if I truncate the url to that of my home page, the page loads correctly with the account logged in!

I have tried this with chrome, mozilla and opera using my desktop pc and I get the same "too many redirects" error with every one of them.

I am using prestashop 1.7.3.2 and my theme is sp_hitheme.

I have enabled SSL to all pages and tried different combinations of turning the "Friendly URL" and "Accented URL" options on/off.

I ran the mozilla devtools (as it was suggested in a similar topic I found on this forum while searching for a solution) and here is what it shows:

https://i.imgur.com/gEW6FPT.png

Anny suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ezigo36 (see edit history)

Hi and thank you again for your time.

Unfortunately, no, I didn't fix the problem. I'm out of ideas, that's why I posted here!

Could you give me some further details regarding your actions in recreating the issue? Did you create an account? Because I didn't see any notifications about a new customer in my BO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, exact same problem here.

When signing in, client gets a "Too many redirects, Try again" (this is the wording on Firefox, but I have tried Chrome and Edge, same problem) error.

Then, I've experienced both of the following:
a) no matter how many times you press the "Try again" button nothing new happens
b) after pressing the "Try again button" (maybe more than once) you get to your account page

But always, if you press the "Back" button of your browser, you land on the previous page but signed in.

My setup:
Prestashop 1.7.5.2, default theme.
Shop parameters > General: SSL enable: YES, Enable SSL on all pages: YES
Shop parameters > Traffic & SEO: Shop domain: www.panacea3.gr, SSL domain: www.panacea3.gr, Base URI: /eshop/

Any news on this?

• 3 months later...