Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mm242

Upgrade running for 12+ hours???

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

as I previously posted in other thread, I read that the update could take up to 3-5 hours... so far, so good.
I left the updater (PS 1.1.0.5 -> 1.3.7) running all night long and, guess what?, it still hasn't completed the process!! O_O

Step 3 shows "Your configuration is valid, click next to continue!", the progress bar does "something" but progressing and I honestly have no idea how far it's gone... so I'm rather afraid to interrupt the process or refresh the page just in case I could mess something up...

So this is a call to all PrestaShop Updaters out there: please tell us about your experiences. Did the process take so long? If there's enough feedback we might be able to create an estimate average time for the update process...

Thanks for your help!

--mm242

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The upgrade process never finished after 1 day running... so I refreshed the page and I got an error stating that 1.3.7 was already installed.

I logged onto the backoffice and... all icons are gone... and even though the modules/ directory is full of stuff (valid modules), they won't show up under the "Modules"-tab ...

Any ideas?


Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello again,

could it be that my customer's database is over quota and therefore it's not updating correctly?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the same boat as you, from PS 1.2.5 to 1.3.7 but all it does is continues to load after clicking next. I am wondering if this has something to do with Prestashop. Also, wondering if we could get an old release of Prestashop such as 1.3.0 to update and then update again with 1.3.7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

can you tell us about your database size ? how many products do you have ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

same issue when updateing from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7. Additionaly I miss the checklist on step 3 "System and permissions" ( I've attched corresponding screenshots ). When clicking the "Next"-Button the loadingbar appears otherwise nothing. But the firebug-console says:

uncaught exception: [Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0 [nsIDOMHTMLParagraphElement.appendChild]" nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)" location: "JS frame :: [...]/js/jquery/jquery-1.2.6.pack.js :: anonymous :: line 11" data: no]
Line 0

jQuery-Update dosen't help!

can you tell us about your database size ? how many products do you have?


Databaseinfo: 136 Tables ( 1,5 MiB )
Products: 285

Serverinfo:
OS: Linux 2.6.11.4-21.12-smp
MySql: 4.1.20-standard
php: PHP Version 5.2.8

EDIT:
Is it possible, that the mysql-version produced the error? Only now I remarked the notice with the system requirements:
** PrestaShop is working from MySQL 4.1.14 to 5.0 too but some features are not working (e.g., product duplication) or have strange behaviors


Thanx!

39519_6EjgXyKgi0UsA4vioAS5_t

39520_DFX7nFsnizYsMruRIR3U_t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 - 5 hours update time?? the actual update process takes seconds when i do it. I still need to update from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7 so if i will run into any problems i will report it here.

*edit, no problem found, running 1.3.7 now )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same issue trying to update 1.1 to 1.3.7, updating is running without stopping....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the process stops and errors didn't shows up (I think because of the 1.3 installer, the 1.4 is much better ).

NetzKnecht, what you said about javascript exception already happened to me when debugging. I got more details when I "unfold the item in the firebug console". Do you know what I mean ? The results data should display an error somewhere, can you post it here ?

Same questions to others, I can details if this not clear for someone.

Sorry I didn't answered sooner, lot of works theses days ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again,

I finally reverted to the initial environment with PS 1.1.0.5 and restored the "old" database, as the upgrade process will modify it and therefore make it unusable if you just restore the PHP files...

Now I have to find some time to test the upgrade process but before I do so I would like to know: can we simply upgrade from a (very) old version to the newest ones in one step? or do we have to upgrade version by version?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, thanks for confirming.

I'll give it a try once I'm back home and keep you posted.


regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fact the problem was a ";" forgotten in 1.3.7.0 file at the end of the last line. If you add it the problem is also solved.

This is fixed in 1.4 upgrade process,

Regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More