SOLVED - Remove email from Preferences -> Store Contacts

angelos.ts

Please see image attached to get a better understanding

Prestashop 1.6.1.18

Navigate to : Preferences -> Store Contacts

The email field is mandatory. Due to enormous amount of spam mails I would like to remove the email from my store so the customers can contact the store only via telephone or the existing contact form. 

So the prestashop does not let me let the email field empty because it is mandatory. Off course I do not want to replace it with a non existence email because this would confuse the customers more. Also just adding only a @ does not work. 

Any Solutions?

Thanks in advance. 

email-field.jpg

Edited by angelos.ts
Problem solved (see edit history)

Hello:

This field is use for many more things that contact info. You can not erase it. What you can do is disabled or delete any information related to email contact at front office adjusting the contact info module and similar. By the way, if spammers already has your email registered you will not avoid spam emails doing this.

Good luck, Regards

On 11/23/2018 at 6:41 PM, Rolige said:

Hello:

This field is use for many more things that contact info. You can not erase it. What you can do is disabled or delete any information related to email contact at front office adjusting the contact info module and similar. By the way, if spammers already has your email registered you will not avoid spam emails doing this.

Good luck, Regards

Hi Rolige and thanks for the reply.

Spammers come and go, so I do not wish to get more in the future than the ones I already have.  

Thanks for the solution. I did remove the email field from the contact information block module.

Thanks! 

Edited by angelos.ts (see edit history)

1 hour ago, angelos.ts said:

Hi Rolige and thanks for the reply.

Spammers come and go, so I do not wish to get more in the future than the ones I already have.  

Thanks for the solution. I did remove the email field from the contact information block module.

Thanks! 

Great! Could you mark your ticket as solved please? Regards

• 4 weeks later...