How can I avoid needing IMAP for emails

alpha

My server does not utilize IMAP mail server but PrestaShop apparently utilizes IMAP to send customer emails relative to order status etc.

Is there any way to refer that correspondence to unencrypted POP3 or (preferably) PHP mail? All attempts to send emails to clients results in a "500 Internal Server Error".

Edited by alpha
Additional info (see edit history)

13 hours ago, alpha said:

My server does not utilize IMAP mail server but PrestaShop apparently utilizes IMAP to send customer emails relative to order status etc.

Is there any way to refer that correspondence to unencrypted POP3 or (preferably) PHP mail? All attempts to send emails to clients results in a "500 Internal Server Error".

Hi nice to see someone also from US (Kansas City, Missouri here).

advanced parms-->email (1.6/1.7) here you can select php mail function which works perfectly find with pop.

Happy PrestaShopping, el

11.23.2018-08.51.24

Thank you El Patron,

I had that set up and, using postfix in my server, it did send the test message as expected. However, I could not set up the IMAP configuration in the Customer Service tab and whenever I request that a customer get an email regarding his order, I get the 500 internal server error. I had to disable the "contact form" module as well since it never sent out any messages. As a result of these two events, I presumed that I needed to configure the "Customer Service" communications data. Perhaps I'm in error regarding that assumption.

And yes, it is nice to have a 'local' authority on this software since it is SO flexible and thus complex. I'm preparing to add Dovecot to the server to try to overcome the issues.

Thoughts??

Here ya' go... It seems that it is not obtaining the customer email address from the customer record. Perhaps I'm missing something here!

Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\ UndefinedFunctionException

in classes/Mail.php (line 872)

1.         $address explode('@'$to);
  2.         if (empty($address[0]) || empty($address[1])) {
  3.             return $to;
  4.         }
  5.         return $address[0].'@'.idn_to_ascii($address[1]);
  6.     }
  7.     /**
  8.      * Generic function to dieOrLog with translations.
  9.      *
MailCore::toPunycode('[email protected]') in classes/Mail.php (line 317)
  1.             $toPlugin $to[0];
  2.         } else {
  3.             /* Simple recipient, one address */
  4.             $toPlugin $to;
  5.             $toName = (($toName == null || $toName == $to) ? '' self::mimeEncode($toName));
  6.             $message->addTo(self::toPunycode($to), $toName);
  7.         }
  8.         if (isset($bcc) && is_array($bcc)) {
  9.             foreach ($bcc as $addr) {
  10.                 $addr trim($addr);

I must admit ... this is becoming frustrating! I have created an email server on my web server hardware. I can send and receive email to and from my domain to any other. I can send email to all users on the server. The test function in Advanced Parameters can successfully communicate with my server but none of the other communications functions in PS work. No emails to me from customer contact form, sales notification or product status. I cannot force emails regarding invoices etc. either. 

OK!!! I solved not only the IMAP problem, but the email issues to the customers as well as merchant, the 500 server error, the blank page and hang after completing an on-line order, and God only knows how many other potential issues will be avoided!

While loading another copy of 1.7.4.4 to play with, I noticed all the "suggested" updates to my server regarding symphony, php intl etc. Just for fun I spent about an hour bringing EVERYTHING you suggested on that page up to even more recent revisions than have been officially released. Right after the new copy of 1.7.4.4 was loaded successfully, I decided (on a hunch) to check out any changes to my on-line store's performance... FLAWLESS!!! Everything is working perfectly now and I'm getting screens I've never seen after performing simple operations.

Everyone should take serious heed to those "suggestions" when upgrading or installing for the first time. It will make a world of difference!

Thank you for all your help re: this issue El Patron, there is no way for you folks to know how current a server's software is but you do your best! I'd love to attach a copy of my php () info file for others to realize how important those updates are but there's too much personal server data contained.