Unable to update dedicated template css files.

random_passanger

Hello,

I'm using Prestashop 1.7.2.4 and dedicated theme written by other developer. I have theme.css and custom.css in themes/theme_name/assets/css directory and many other files with hash like names (probably not useful to modify template). I edit custom.css file and saving it when finished. Problem is that template "did catch" some changes but not all of them - here is what I tried:

Disabled caching, enabled Force compiling when CCC CSS option is enabled.

Disabled everything related to caching.

Clearing cookies and all other data in my browser. Removing css cache files manually via FTP.

I spent 3 hours on this and I'm pulling hair out of my head... :/

Did you upload modified file to your site. 
Clear browser cache, not clearing cookies. You can press ctrl+f5 to force loading latest content.
Did you clear the right cache files? Cache files are located in the themes/theme_name/assets\cache\ folder.
Check for css syntax errors, if there is a syntax error in another css file, the error may block all css below it to run.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 11:09 AM, tantan199 said:

Did you upload modified file to your site. 
Clear browser cache, not clearing cookies. You can press ctrl+f5 to force loading latest content.
Did you clear the right cache files? Cache files are located in the themes/theme_name/assets\cache\ folder.
Check for css syntax errors, if there is a syntax error in another css file, the error may block all css below it to run.

Hello tantan199,

firts of all, thank You very much for Your reply. I uploaded modified file to my site for sure, I'm using Filezilla over SFTP protocol. I always use Ctrl+F5 for refreshing site (including stylesheets, scripts and other assets). I cleared right cache files, as said in docs - themes/my_theme/assets/cache/. My stylesheet is error free, I pay attention to developer console, also I tried CSSlint but it only shows warnings, not syntax errors. New fact found by me. Changes seems to appear next day after changes. I want to add that I'm using Google Chrome but in Opera and Firefox, results are the same (changes takes very long time to appear).

Edited by random_passanger (see edit history)