Get all products and properties from Prestashop 1.7

Go to solution Solved by ndiaga,

Hi,

I'm developing a module, and I need to get all products from my store, include the properties. I saw a resolution here from other version < https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/273246-how-to-display-all-product-list-in-my-custome-page-under-my-module-folder/ > but I don't know how can apply to my module without a tpl file, because I don't need show they in the screen. I need include some file? Can you guys help me?

Thaks

5 minutes ago, monne said:

Hi,

I'm developing a module, and I need to get all products from my store, include the properties. I saw a resolution here from other version < https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/273246-how-to-display-all-product-list-in-my-custome-page-under-my-module-folder/ > but I don't know how can apply to my module without a tpl file, because I don't need show they in the screen. I need include some file? Can you guys help me?

Thaks

You can read the code of a module like this one : https://prestatuts.com/en/prestashop-modules/40-category-listing.html

18 hours ago, ndiaga said:

You can read the code of a module like this one : https://prestatuts.com/en/prestashop-modules/40-category-listing.html

Thanks. I studied the code a bit, but what I need is something much simpler. Basically I just need to retrieve the data of the products with a Prestashop method to use them later in another API.

And thank you for the quick answer.

1 hour ago, monne said:

Thanks. I studied the code a bit, but what I need is something much simpler. Basically I just need to retrieve the data of the products with a Prestashop method to use them later in another API.

And thank you for the quick answer.

To get all avalaible products you can use this method:

$all_products=Product::getProducts($id_lang, $start, $limit, $order_by, $order_way, $id_category = false,
        $only_active = false, Context $context = null);

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, ndiaga said:

To get all avalaible products you can use this method:

$all_products=Product::getProducts($id_lang, $start, $limit, $order_by, $order_way, $id_category = false,
        $only_active = false, Context $context = null);

Sorry for the delay!
Well, I'm a beginner in php and prestahop and I'm not exactly sure how to apply this to the module.would i call this method in the controller or within the module class itself? remembering that I only need to query some specific properties of the products to be used by an external API later.
Thankss

• Solution
2 hours ago, monne said:

Sorry for the delay!
Well, I'm a beginner in php and prestahop and I'm not exactly sure how to apply this to the module.would i call this method in the controller or within the module class itself? remembering that I only need to query some specific properties of the products to be used by an external API later.
Thankss

You can call it anywhere this function is  static.

Just use the right parameters for :  

$id_lang, $start, $limit, $order_by, $order_way, $id_category = false,
        $only_active = false, Context $context = null

here is how it should be applied

$id_lang=(int)Context::getContext()->language->id;
$start=0;
$limit=100;
$order_by='id_product';
 $order_way='DESC';
$id_category = false; 
$only_active =true;
$context = null;

$all_products=Product::getProducts($id_lang, $start, $limit, $order_by, $order_way, $id_category,
        $only_active ,  $context );

On 12/3/2018 at 2:18 PM, ndiaga said:

You can call it anywhere this function is  static.

Just use the right parameters for :  

$id_lang, $start, $limit, $order_by, $order_way, $id_category = false,
        $only_active = false, Context $context = null

here is how it should be applied

$id_lang=(int)Context::getContext()->language->id;
$start=0;
$limit=100;
$order_by='id_product';
 $order_way='DESC';
$id_category = false; 
$only_active =true;
$context = null;

$all_products=Product::getProducts($id_lang, $start, $limit, $order_by, $order_way, $id_category,
        $only_active ,  $context );

Thanks!!! It worked for me.

• 1 year later...

I write here because I have a similar problem and I hope you can help me:

I need to retrieve in my module the current list of products on a listing page (like category or manufacturer page etc...), I can find it in $params ($params['smarty']->smarty->tpl_vars['listing']->value['result']) but it is a private property and I cannot access it.

How can I get the current products on the page?

Thanks,

Simone