Attribute 1 - Red, White

Attribute 2 - Petrol, Diesel

Qty - 1, 2, 3

Combination 

Car - Red - Petrol - 1, 2, 3

Car - White - Diesel - 1, 2, 3

Car - Red - Petrol - 1 may be the default combination

Customer can select both petrol and diesel, and any quantity

If the customer selects White, nothing changes, everything stops, error appears 

An error occurred while processing your request

Most of the products we have loaded are like this, with multiple attributes and variable combinations.

Currently, only the default combination works.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Hello, Maybe for clarity to understand my current dilemma,

I have not been able to find any idea of an answer.

Example

Product - Car

Attribute 1 - Red, White

Attribute 2 - Petrol, Diesel

Qty - 1, 2, 3

Combinations created

Car - Red - Petrol  - 1, 2, 3

Car - White - Diesel - 1, 2, 3

This appears as drop down on the item page

Car - Red - Petrol - 1 is the default combination

Previously, someone could look at the attribute for the colour, and select red or white

Since red was default, if white was selected, the attribute for fuel would change from petrol to diesel

This is because white does not have a combination of petrol

What happens now is that when white is selected, since diesel did not appear on the default combination, the error appears since the combination is not actually valid.

Basically, it appears that this prestashop version is not re identifying the attributes based on changes to the combination by the user.

This was not a problem in previous versions until now.

We use multiple attributes to create combinations, so product car, for example, can have multiple colours, fuel types, accessories, which can switch on and off based on the valid combinations entered initially.

Effectively, it means all products except for simple and default combinations, are no longer working correctly with this version.

Any thoughts appreciated 

(and we don't sell cars, just easier to use as an example)

thanks

Hello Curious, thanks for your input.

The products have been created and operating correctly for over 12 months.

The products consist of multiple attributes, therefore, many combinations, as described above.

Most products on our site and combination products, which requires, selecting attributes to create the combination.

When updating to 1.7.4.4, the combination selections stopped working correctly. This problem specifically relates to the 1.7.4.4 upgrade.

That means, other than default combinations, the system does not automatically alter the available attributes once an attribute changes. 

So, if I had a product called Car

Product Car has a 1st attribute of colour, and the colours are red and blue.

Product Car has a 2nd attribute of gearbox, and the selections are automatic and manual

Red can be automatic, blue can be manual

Default is Car - Red - Automatic

When I select the attribute blue

In the older version 1.7.4.1 (I think I was at) the attribute for gearbox would automatically update to manual, thereby allowing me to select manual, and automatic would not show

In the current version of 1.7.4.4, the attribute for gearbox will not update, and gives an error message, as the combination of blue and automatic do not exist.

The problem appears to be that the system does not know to update attributes based on the combinations available in the version 1.7.4.4

So, whilst everything is created correctly and was working correctly, in the 1.7.4.4 version, users can not access certain combinations, as the system does not update the attribute within the listing in real time as it previously did. I was perfect before, therefore, we have parts listed with over 100 combinations within a listing, which no longer work.

Need to get this sorted out, as we are manually quoting items which the system used to process automatically.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...