Is prestashop version 1.7 compatible with PHP 7.2?

Hi, my host at one.com are soon upgrading to PHP 7.2 which throws us a blank white screen, we are currently using PHP 7.0 with prestashop 1.6 version. We would like to know if the prestashop 1.7 version is compatible with PHP 7.2 and should we upgrade?
Thanks for any help on this
Martin

38 minutes ago, Martin said:

Hi, my host at one.com are soon upgrading to PHP 7.2 which throws us a blank white screen, we are currently using PHP 7.0 with prestashop 1.6 version. We would like to know if the prestashop 1.7 version is compatible with PHP 7.2 and should we upgrade?
Thanks for any help on this
Martin

PS 1.7 should be compatible with PHP 7.2, but maybe your modules don't. If you have a white page please enable errors and check who's throwing the error.

Did the update process start and it crashed during the update or is your 1.6 shop still running?
If your current shop is still running I would consider to stay with 1.6 and not updating to 1.7 as there are many thing completely different and depending on modifications and / or modules you use they might not work with 1.7

1) Make files and database backup

Now you have options.

A) Try to upgrade and see what happens.

B ) Install fresh PrestaShop and migrate data with special 3rd party module.

Keep in mind that you will need new theme because PS1.6 themes are not compatible with PS1.7

If you get white screen or error500 it means that one of the modules is not working, turn on test mode and see what actual error is. The fastest way to solve the problem is to delete module, but this might not be most convent way. 

If you do upgrade please check if modules that you are using has PS1.7 version support

• 1 year later...

I'm using 1.7.1.2 shop and currently PHP 7.1 but the provider is going to only support PHP 7.2 in future. I did a manually upgrade to test but wasn't able to login at the dashboard anymore after this upgrade. I downgraded again. I read that Presta 1.7 should be compatible with PHP 7.2, just maybe not some modules. I only added 2 modules. How can I find out which probably causes the problem when I'm unable to login after the upgrade? Thank you for help.

I downloaded a csv report and found this error:

"The constant \"MCRYPT_MODE_ECB\" is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2"

I've been forced by the server to upgrade from PHP 7.1 to 7.2

Any idea how I can solve this problem? Looks like PS 1.7.1.2 is not compatible with PHP 7.2???

Edited by Sue (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Sue said:

I'm using 1.7.1.2 shop and currently PHP 7.1 but the provider is going to only support PHP 7.2 in future. I did a manually upgrade to test but wasn't able to login at the dashboard anymore after this upgrade. I downgraded again. I read that Presta 1.7 should be compatible with PHP 7.2, just maybe not some modules. I only added 2 modules. How can I find out which probably causes the problem when I'm unable to login after the upgrade? Thank you for help.

I downloaded a csv report and found this error:

"The constant \"MCRYPT_MODE_ECB\" is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2"

I've been forced by the server to upgrade from PHP 7.1 to 7.2

Any idea how I can solve this problem? Looks like PS 1.7.1.2 is not compatible with PHP 7.2???

https://websiteforstudents.com/install-php-7-2-mcrypt-module-on-ubuntu-18-04-lts/

Check this out. 

I don't recomend use 7.2 on prestashop - many of moules and themes does not support this php version ;( 

After change from 7.2 to 7.1 my problems ( white page, problems with rendering some pages ) are gone. 

1 hour ago, pycode.biz said:

I don't recomend use 7.2 on prestashop - many of moules and themes does not support this php version ;( 

Thank you.

Unfortunately our provider will not support 7.1 anymore, so I need to get it running with 7.2 or I'm going to loose control for 2 websites :(((((

I'm not so good in the and since moved to Africa a while ago there is nobody here to assist...I hope I can manage this installation.

1 hour ago, Sue said:

Thank you.

Unfortunately our provider will not support 7.1 anymore, so I need to get it running with 7.2 or I'm going to loose control for 2 websites :(((((

I'm not so good in the and since moved to Africa a while ago there is nobody here to assist...I hope I can manage this installation.

try disable your modules and check if ps works again

• 6 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 1:01 PM, Sue said:

Thank you.

ask your hosting provider to change php version back to 5.6 !!

I myself had same problem, I am using Bigrock and they sent a mail on 10th august 2020 to upgrade the php version to 7.1 or 7.2 and I did so on 11th august and from that day we started facing problems. Following is the main problem which we experienced:

1. The orders are not updated in website after customer made an successful order by paying gateway. 

After making purchase by entering the payment mode details like credit card or debit card they gets the message from Gateway and gateway processed the order as normal but they got an error screen. Stating page not found and when customer relogin in to the website they are not able to see any order. 

As the order was not returned by the gateway to the Prestashop successfully! and customers were thinking they got cheated online or are a part of online scam!! It was really hard fo us to explain every customer that it might be a technical issue from gateway and we will process the order normally. Which we did.

I am using CCAvenue as a gateway.

However if I am trying to make a purchase on website then the order got processed normally.

So yesterday I enabled the debug mode that what exactly happens after someone make a purchase and what error it throws.

Bamm, we lost access to our backoffice as every where the error messages kept popping up and upon click on administration option in Prestashop backend nothing opens up and shows error page.

So I was not able to disable that debug mode and same thing happens upon click debug mode option that started showing up on top bar in backend.

So I contacted the Web hosting provider Bigrock and made an around 4 hr chat with them and finally they moved the php version back to 5.6 and everything went normal.

But they will only support 5.6 and other versions of php till 31st September!!

Actually when I google the error which was thrown by site for backend pages it was related to Composer.

And I searched more and got few commands to update composer.

I did exactly what people suggest and open the terminal through cpanel and typing some commands that I found on different pages in google. I got to know that the Composer which is installed only supports php 7.1 but somehow it only works with php 5.6 normally.

I tried updating it but it was not updating as I got know that it requires root level permission to do so. I am using Bigrock shared hosting plan so we can't have access to root level and Big rock guys simply denied that even they can't do that as this is a shared hosting plan.

Now this is the another problem that either I upgrade my plan from around $60 to $100 a year and get root level access and update composer and check that if the problem will get solved or not with new php versions or update Composer somehow which I found on google by typing " how to update Composer on shared hosting server" and test by changing php version to 7.1, 7.2 , 7.3, 7.4 one by one and figure out which version works well for Prestashop. 

Or Prestashop developers will need to do something if somehow Prestashop didn't work with these two configurations.

As this is a very big issue and will impact lakhs of website owners like me who are using Shared hosting plan. I am going to open a thread in this forum and raise this issue as the only time left is till September end and the say October start we will be facing non debuggable errors.

Note:  Don't enable Debug mode if you changed your php version to above 5.6!!! Else you will start getting error screens in backend and in frontend and can't be able to disable that option.

if you read completely till this line then you were definitely about to pull your hairs or feeling to hit someone because of the errors you are seeing on your sweet butter like website which used to be like that.