Product edit but save button spinning, the way what I by pass then keep it working

daniel.tpe

For weeks ago, I met such the problem when I add/edit the product items, the save button is always spinning. it made me lots of work pending. 

Now I seem to find a way workable, there're descritpion as below, hope it's useful for you;

1 if you wanna add new product item, please use the duplicate feature on the top-right side of the admin product list page. it works to create a new product item.

then edit and modify the details by operate your mysql database. it the way what I do as below;

1 click and open your phpmysql admin console, and find the table named "product_lang", the fields contents are product general information. the table named "product" , the contents are category, price and other. you could check related table name to find.

2 I usually make the contents by html format, so I edit the contents at local side, copy the full contents to the table's fields and save.

3 It works to add/edit product information.

finally, truly hope Preasa could slove this problem ASAP, it's really borrowing me!

Daniel

Edited by daniel.tpe (see edit history)

Hi Daniel,

You don't say which Prestashop version you use.

The product edit page of Prestashop consists of a lot of different tabs that technically are separate pages. When there is a PHP error in one of those pages you get the spinning button effect that you describe. 

So you should either look in your server's error log or enable development mode and look at all the tabs for an error.

M

• 3 weeks later...

@musicmasterand @daniel.tpe

I too have the issue, below is the information I can provide, any help would be appreciated:

Host: Godaddy
PrestaShop Version: 1.6.1.23
System: Linux
PHP Version: 7.0

After upgrading to 1.6.1.23 I have the "save buttons spinning" on the products pages. (Last year I solved the issue of the "prestashop save buttons spinning" however can not find my notes on it.)

I have tried the below:

(1) Upgraded PHP Version from 5.6PHP to 7.0PHP.

(2) Visited [http://prestamania.com/prestashop-back-office-bug-not-saving-everytime/] but no string of [submitHandler: function(form) { form.submit(); },] is found to edit in the [admin//themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl] file.

(3) Force Compiled in the BO - Performance Page

(4) Checked Folder permissions: 

Folder permissions for /admin_folder/ = 755

Folder permissions for /admin_folder/filemanager/ = 755

When using Chrome and the Inspect Setting I see 4 Errors:

#1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jquery.fileupload-process.js:32

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fileupload' of undefined
    at jquery.fileupload-process.js:32
    at jquery.fileupload-process.js:25
    at jquery.fileupload-process.js:29
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-process.js:32
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-process.js:25
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-process.js:29

#2 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jquery.fileupload-validate.js:33

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fileupload' of undefined
    at jquery.fileupload-validate.js:33
    at jquery.fileupload-validate.js:25
    at jquery.fileupload-validate.js:29

#3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[DOM] Found 4 elements with non-unique id #product_form_submit_btn: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq)

<button id="product_form_submit_btn" type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> Save</button>

<button id="product_form_submit_btn" type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> Save and stay</button>

<button id="product_form_submit_btn" type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> Save</button>

<button id="product_form_submit_btn" type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> Save and stay</button>

#4 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncaught TypeError: $(...).fileupload is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.eval (eval at <anonymous> (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2), <anonymous>:25:14)
    at j (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2)
    at Object.add [as done] (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2)
    at e.fn.init.n.fn.ready (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2), <anonymous>:19:16)
    at eval (<anonymous>)
    at jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
    at Function.globalEval (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2)
    at e.fn.init.domManip (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3)
    at e.fn.init.append (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3)

Any ideas to try?

Ok, I solved my issue. I had a file with no data in it. Thus I took a backup file and copied the code into the server file. Below is the file I needed to populate to make the spinning save buttons work.

"admin_folder"/themes/default/js/jquery.fileupload-validate.js

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 4:33 PM, techtech said:

Ok, I solved my issue. I had a file with no data in it. Thus I took a backup file and copied the code into the server file. Below is the file I needed to populate to make the spinning save buttons work.

"admin_folder"/themes/default/js/jquery.fileupload-validate.js

Thank you for the feedback. Files that are missing or empty are indeed sometimes the source of trouble. 

I have the same sort of problem. Save button keeps spinning after update to 1.6.1.23

These are the errors i get when inspecting:

ceba6f54887c8f5087680431a8e65a56.png

I actually found my errors to be related to a module i installed for some Christmas effects. This module seems to come with quite a lot of jquery errors sadly

Edited by kaaycee (see edit history)

5 hours ago, kaaycee said:

Yes this did indeed fix the problem. Strange how some one releases and sells a module with over 11 fatal errors in it

Actually there is just one error. But it is not clear to me where it happens. Some error prevents Jquery from loading. And the rest are errors that Jquery isn't loaded.

BTW: did you try disabling the option to move javascript to the bottom of the page? Moving javascript to the bottom often causes problems.