Looking for module "ask shipping cost"

Hi everybody,

I have not my shop ready with weight and size data of product, for calculate shipping cost. But my shop is online, and sometime someone buy.

I'm looking for a free module, for a temporany solution, that in shipping it show some thingh like "ask shipping cost", and allow to customers to complete checkout.

Anyone know some module?

Thanks 

This is bad practice @Daniele0884 because in the end if the shipping is too expensive, you will end up canceling orders.

You either define the shipping and even better include some shipping rates table (for faster check concerning that people are quite on hurry nowadays) or you use some quote mechanism placed on the product page (without order). 

On 11/19/2018 at 1:33 PM, ndiaga said:

Hi,

You can use the ask a question field during order validation page.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, tapanda.gr said:

This is bad practice @Daniele0884 because in the end if the shipping is too expensive, you will end up canceling orders.

You either define the shipping and even better include some shipping rates table (for faster check concerning that people are quite on hurry nowadays) or you use some quote mechanism placed on the product page (without order). 

I need a temporany solution, because i don't have ready all product weight and size for set shipping rules.

I need to skip "Shipping" section in checkout, and to show in substitution a message, that say to customers that they will receive shipping cost.

I would be REALLY annoyed if I took the time to checkout only to be told shipping costs would be added on afterwards. Very poor practice and I would never return to that store. How many products are you talking about? Surely quicker to add the weights and dimensions for them (even guess, or make larger than you know they are for now) than to spend time looking for a temporary solution that will loose you customers?

Obviusly we do not know the produts, quantity, dimensions etc, but would a flat rate courier cost not work? You can say have two carriers, one for the products you know your weights for, the other for the unknowns - add the flat rate courier cost to this one. You can then assign that courier to the unknown weight products

43 minutes ago, haylau said:

I would be REALLY annoyed if I took the time to checkout only to be told shipping costs would be added on afterwards. Very poor practice and I would never return to that store. How many products are you talking about? Surely quicker to add the weights and dimensions for them (even guess, or make larger than you know they are for now) than to spend time looking for a temporary solution that will loose you customers?

Obviusly we do not know the produts, quantity, dimensions etc, but would a flat rate courier cost not work? You can say have two carriers, one for the products you know your weights for, the other for the unknowns - add the flat rate courier cost to this one. You can then assign that courier to the unknown weight products

My shop have about 3000 products, and there are product from 5 cm size and 0,05 kg weight, to 1 mt size and 5 kg weight.

It's very difficult get in some days 3000 sizes and weights! And a flat rate for so different products, it's improbable. Actually customers can confirm or decline order, after its receive shipping cost value.

Hello:

Try to learn from advices given here. An average flat rate is the faster temporary solution. The other temporary solution is set the shipping cost as free and change the "Free shipping" text to "Shipping cost will be sent you later" or something like that. But again, the best advices were given to you before.

Regards