Prestashop is down

gestmatt

1 hour ago, gestmatt said:

Hi all.

For a couple of days now, my Prestashop have´nt worked at all.

I cant log in, customers cant get to the shop, nothing.

Any idea of what gone wrong?

http://www.emges.se/prestashop/

Turn on errors: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, gestmatt said:

I still have´nt solved this problem.

My shop have been up and running since 2011, and have worked just fine until this problem occured.

Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to correct it.

Thank you.

Turn on errors: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

Like @joseantgv  suggested 2 time  is to turn debug mode on  and see for specific error that may show.

Also do check error log in your cPanel/hosting  but also check your PHP version. We saw few cases that 

hosting company just switch/change PHP version from 5.6 for example to 7.0 or higher.  And you also did not mention

your PrestaShop version, but give more info like what hosting and your current PHP version.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It depends of you PrestaShop version.

If you did not upgrade PrestaShop from 2011 then you probably have old version that do not support  PHP 7.0.

Think from version 1.6.1.18 that PHP version is supported but you could think to upgrade to latest 1.6 or maybe 

when you upgrading already to 1.7. If most of modules you use have 1.7 upgrades.

you are right it can be difficult :)

But first if you could listen for advice people said in this topic and enable debug mode, maybe you could see some

errors that could be fixed so you at least have access to back office, maybe.

Also you could ask your host to temporally return PHP 5.6, if possible.

Other solution is to get all files and database locally and try upgrade, that in general is good practice as you can safely test.

Or use some other hosting that still have 5.6 a s option and do not force customers to 7.0, without warnings and time to act.

• Like 1

Thank you guys.

I´ve just found out, that we have version 1.3, from 2010....

Would it work to update to the latest version? Will there be problems with the shop after that?

Do I have to upgrade 1 version at the time ( 1, 4-1,5-1,6-1,7...)?

And, how can I upgrade?