Sign in to follow this  
pasko

New Free Prestashop "Alternative" template on PS 1.4 RC5

Hi,

Thanks to Prestashop team for the latest Prestashop 1.4 RC5 and the new free Template "Alternative".
As I couldn't find the demo, I did install it here.

To download here.

Regards :-P

Hi,

Thanks to Prestashop team for the latest Prestashop 1.4 RC5 and the new free Template "Alternative".

To download here.

Hi, I am new to prestashop.
I just tried RC5 and prestashop_alt template here: http://bukujepang.net63.net/
Do you have any idea why template is not working?

Thank you :)

Hi,

To download here.

Hi, I am new to prestashop.
I just tried RC5 and prestashop_alt template here: http://bukujepang.net63.net/
Do you have any idea why template is not working?

Thank you :)

Hi,

Here is part of the message:

"You are seeing this page because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content"

Also you might have troubles using a free hosting!

Regards.

You have to disable and enable the new modules that you uploaded so that the template is displayed correctly.

• Like 1

You have to disable and enable the new modules that you uploaded so that the template is displayed correctly.

You should read the previous message ! ;-)

Thank you very much!

I assume i put the theme part in the "themes" folder and the modules part in the "module" folder but what do i do with the single config.xml that comes with the package?

As it is now the categoires part of my site is messed up with this theme.

pasko, I was answering AradeaS, his template is not well configured because the modules are not configured correctly.

Knaster:

1. Upload the config.xml to the site index using the ftp.

2. You have to uninstall the module categories v1.2 (I believe) and install the NEW module categories v1.

pasko, I was answering AradeaS, his template is not well configured because the modules are not configured correctly.

Knaster:

2. You have to uninstall the module categories v1.2 (I believe) and install the NEW module categories v1.

Hi,

I just road that because is website was suspended by is hosting provider. That's all.

:coolsmile:

Knaster:

Thank you for answering, by site index do you mean the root directory?

It's just weird that there was no installing instructions given for this theme. Read me file would have been enought as there are some things that need to be done, before theme works as it suppose... Just weird.

The version 1.4 is not still out, maybe with the release they will make a detailed instruction.

Well, that's a theme related issue not cms, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense doing it in a way you're saying, but who knows, perhaps you're right ;)

It's just weird that there was no installing instructions given for this theme. Read me file would have been enought as there are some things that need to be done, before theme works as it suppose... Just weird.

Hi,

The is a 1 click module to install templates on 1.4, otherwise, the same way as before.

Regards.

The version 1.4 is not still out, maybe with the release they will make a detailed instruction.

Hi,

yes there is, not for production, but almost.

Regards

I seem to have figured it out how to import this theme and set it up :
First you need to import this theme with the Theme Installer. (see post above).
Then you need to change the theme to the new Theme. Back-end > Preferences > Appearance > New Theme.

That should do it. No need for docs ;-)

Hello
I just reinstall PS with v v.1.4.0.17.
I just found out the Prestashop "Alternative" theme with 2 columns that will save me time in my redesign process :-)
But when I open the zip to extract the theme, it confuses me :
it has 3 files
themes
modules
config.xml

How do I upload it properly without "breaking" anything ?
Thank you,

Hello
I just reinstall PS with v v.1.4.0.17.
I just found out the Prestashop "Alternative" theme with 2 columns that will save me time in my redesign process :-)
But when I open the zip to extract the theme, it confuses me :
it has 3 files
themes
modules
config.xml

How do I upload it properly without "breaking" anything ?
Thank you,

Dude, Read my post above yours....

@Uddhava
Thank you !

Just did it through "themeinstallator"
But I get :
Error during zip extraction

btw : I am not a dude..but a girl :)

@Uddhava
Thank you !

Just did it through "themeinstallator"
But I get :
Error during zip extraction

btw : I am not a dude..but a girl :)

Ok. He Webgirrrrl ... ;-)

I did not have any problem with the themeinstaller. Maybe you have a more detailed error?
Usually, zip extraction errors are caused by wrong permissions. The Themeinstaller also can install from a webfolder.
Maybe you could upload the zip file to your webserver in a folder that has all permissions.
You could try the Upload folder. Then in the themeinstaller you point to this folder/file

@Uddhava
Thanks for answering
No, there is no other error detail reported..

My theme folder is set on 755
I am gonna follow your instructions and see what's next.

note:See..I updated my avatar :cheese:

@Uddhava

note:See..I updated my avatar :cheese:

heheh.. perfect..

Well. I give up >:-(
I will go the "classic' way for redesign...
Thank you anyway for your help,
Cheers

[EDIT]
Just in case ..for the ones who need a 2 columns theme :
It is fast and painless.

I used now the basic PS theme, turn it into mine ( by copying it on the remote server ), rename the new created folder with my new name ( ex:myshop), This is basic.
Then there is this great feature called LIVE EDIT that allows us to modify/ delete columns. Very useful to get at least a first visual theme: in my case 2 columns only.
Then the redesign process goes through the multiple CSS files that reside in the CSS folder.
No problem, no missing logo. The framework remains the same.
Cheers :cheese:

You could see if your log files contains errors, or you could configure the debug level.

You could see if your log files contains errors, or you could configure the debug level.

@Uddhava
Thanks for hanging on my problem :-)I guess I have to do it via the config file ?

Well, I had no trouble installing the theme and it seems to work OK, except that my shop logo doesn't show and as a result the left & center columns ride up into the banner, so nothing's lined up properly.
I've emailed the design team but haven't gotten an answer yet.
http://thestitchersmuse.com/shop/prestashop
Any ideas?

Yes, you have to go back into the back-end > Preferences > Appearance.
And switch the new on. It was still on the default theme when i installed the new theme.. So tried that

@Uddhava
Thanks for hanging on my problem :-)I guess I have to do it via the config file ?

In PS 1.3.x you could increase the debug level by editing 2 files :

here are two places you can try

1. \config\config.inc.php
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

2. \config\smarty.config.inc.php(12):
$smarty->debugging = true;

Just try each one seperately. I hope they work for Ps 1.4

Well, I had no trouble installing the theme and it seems to work OK, except that my shop logo doesn't show and as a result the left & center columns ride up into the banner, so nothing's lined up properly.
I've emailed the design team but haven't gotten an answer yet.
http://thestitchersmuse.com/shop/prestashop
Any ideas?

Yes, you have to go back into the back-end > Preferences > Appearance.
And switch the new on. It was still on the default theme when i installed the new theme.. So tried that

I thought I did have it turned on - in my BO, Prestashop_alt is selected as the theme. Many of the features of the top banner are missing - logo, "prestabox" advertising banner, nav bar, home text editor. I have extracted the modules into the modules folder, the themes into the themes folder, and the config into the root folder.
Screenshot of what I see in my site is attached.

40650_ueKWwfbSyzEJQONEFiG1_t

You HAVE TO install this theme using the "Themeinstaller" in the back end. In that way all the correct config settings are imported as well. Now you have done it manually and although that is possible, afterwards you need to install/de-install all the correct modules. And since there is no documentation for that, you're stuck.

So delete all the theme and modules manually. Activate the Themeinstaller and try it again.

@CrystalPhoenix

Hello:

Install all the modules that are in the zip file and the theme works Guaranteed

THANK YOU!!
I deleted the whole thing as I had not done much work on it yet, then re-installed everything and used themeinstaller, and now it is all working. I've been struggling with this for over a week - I am very grateful to this thread for fixing the problem.

@CrystalPhoenix how were you able to change the default Prestashop logo? I've tried changing it in footer.tpl but with no luck.

To Prestashop users: I've tried changing footer.tpl to edit "Powered by Prestashop" but no luck. I've tried the other suggestions in this forum but still stuck, please help.

@CrystalPhoenix how were you able to change the default Prestashop logo? I've tried changing it in footer.tpl but with no luck.

To Prestashop users: I've tried changing footer.tpl to edit "Powered by Prestashop" but no luck. I've tried the other suggestions in this forum but still stuck, please help.

I overwrote the file v2-logo.png in 2 places - in themes/prestashop_alt/img and in modules/blockheaderlogos. I uploaded my own logo, then renamed it v2-logo.png. Took me a while to figure that one out. Firebug with Firefox helped, but I happened across the 2nd file in themes/prestashop_alt/img by chance.
I too would like to change "powered by prestashop" - don't mind giving them credit but I don't really want it to be as obvious ;)

I overwrote the file v2-logo.png in 2 places - in themes/prestashop_alt/img and in modules/blockheaderlogos. I uploaded my own logo, then renamed it v2-logo.png. Took me a while to figure that one out. Firebug with Firefox helped, but I happened across the 2nd file in themes/prestashop_alt/img by chance.
I too would like to change "powered by prestashop" - don't mind giving them credit but I don't really want it to be as obvious ;)

CrystalPhoenix,

I was able to edit "Powered by Prestashop" text by reinstalling the theme with my modifications (edit Footer.tpl). I'm sure there's gotta be a better way to do it, but this is so far what I was able to do. I'm not sure if this is a 1.4 bug but it's definitely not an update I am fond of.

If you're having trouble with the auto-installer (which I am), take a look at the config file in the root of the zip for this theme. It pretty much tells you which modules to enable/disable and what positions to put them in.

Hi all

You just need to clear your Smarty cache after you have made any changes in your footer.tpl.

Just empty your tools/smarty/compile folder.

Hi,

I am having troubles with this theme... The featured products page is breaking up.
Anyone knows why is it happening?

Screenshot attaced

41312_3ucLk9TWC54Kq0GckEbg_t

Hi

Just add .block_content .float{ height: 300px; } to the global.css

Also when making any changes to this template it may be a good idea to turn off the Smarty cache in Preferences/Performance.

Hi,

I also new to prestashop let alone its template. Ever since I install the alternative, my custom logo is gone replaced by the template's even though I have uploaded logo and icon through Prestashop's back end.

Going back to default template also didn't help much, since the right side menu are gone. How do I reactivated those modules? I know the alternative sets them off when being installed.

Thanks.

Hi

To change the logo on this template you need to go to modules/Front Office Features/Header logos/Configure

This is different to the usual way of doing things, it would be nice if there was some documentation with this template especially to those of you that are new to PrestaShop.

Many thanks m8 it actually have solved my problem :)

Hi

Also when making any changes to this template it may be a good idea to turn off the Smarty cache in Preferences/Performance.

@palmtree

The error: Error during zip extraction is probably caused by "safe mode" restrictions on your hosting account. When "safe mode" is on, I get the same error. When I turn "safe mode" off I'm able to install the theme with it's settings through the theme installer.

I can configure "safe mode" on my webserver per hosting account. You could ask your webhost about it.

Hi

To change the logo on this template you need to go to modules/Front Office Features/Header logos/Configure

This is different to the usual way of doing things, it would be nice if there was some documentation with this template especially to those of you that are new to PrestaShop.

Thanks for the tip! I got thrown off since on previous release changing the logo doesn't involve tinkering with the modules.

Nice to see how easy it is to install new themes with the theme installer.

@ rbcshop. Did you not back up your store prior to install ?

Oh, Wow, thanks for the tip - I've spent hours trying to change my logo - finally ended up saving it as "v2-logo.png" but then it was too small - using your tip I finally got it to look right!

i did thank god... but now im running into some permission issues.. :( there are a few folders left on the server that i cant delete..
i want to upload the backup... so lets see where i can set the permission to 777..

You may need to do the permissions from file manager in cpanel rather than the ftp. I had a few stubborn files until I did that.

Hi there,

Actually i like this theme , but the bad thing is NEW products page disappears.

I also have a question.

Does anybody know how to change the banner ?

Because its not changeable from the module -header-logo

Regards,

Farres

Hi there,

Actually i like this theme , but the bad thing is NEW products page disappears.

I also have a question.

Does anybody know how to change the banner ?

Because its not changeable from the module -header-logo

Regards,

Farres

This is also has become my concern...I knew the alt theme disables some of the modules, so going back to the default theme left me with empty spaces due to disabled modules. How do I reactivate those?

To re-enable your modules, go into "Modules" "Front Page Modules" (at the bottom of the list). Any that have a grayed-out checkmark are installed but disabled - you just need to press the "enable" located just under the module's title to get it going again. Then you may have to "move" it by transplanting it to the left column as there is no right column. If you want a right column, go into your "global.css" located in themes/prestashop_alt/css folder (hint: I copied the entire folder, changed the name to "mytheme" and altered those files rather than messing with the originals - that way when I made a major error I could easily re-load the original by copying it from the prestashop_alt folder).
To change the banner, go into Back Office, Modules, Front Office Features, Home Advertising and click Configure - there you can upload your new banner picture...

To re-enable your modules, go into "Modules" "Front Page Modules" (at the bottom of the list). Any that have a grayed-out checkmark are installed but disabled - you just need to press the "enable" located just under the module's title to get it going again. Then you may have to "move" it by transplanting it to the left column as there is no right column. If you want a right column, go into your "global.css" located in themes/prestashop_alt/css folder (hint: I copied the entire folder, changed the name to "mytheme" and altered those files rather than messing with the originals - that way when I made a major error I could easily re-load the original by copying it from the prestashop_alt folder).
To change the banner, go into Back Office, Modules, Front Office Features, Home Advertising and click Configure - there you can upload your new banner picture...

I will try it first thing tomorrow; it sounds about just right that we have to go dig deeper since it's the main theme in the new template :P

One more thing now you mentioned changing the banner, I tried to delete my icon file by clicking the 'delete' button with the trash image, but it doesn't go away. I have to replace it by uploading another file. What gives?

If you want to eliminate the ad altogether, just "disable" it in the Modules, Front Office Features - I did that and my Featured Products simply moved up to fill the space.

this is not a manual but it works.

When downloading the prestashop alternative, you get 2 folders and 1 file
The automated upload of the zipped theme didn't work on my site (with PHP safe mode on and off)

THEMES
MODULE
and
Config.xml

FTP-Upload the THEMES to the themes folder and the 4 modules to the modules folder
then upload the Config.xml to the modules folder (after backing up the previous one)
and

kzam

you have a new look

hope this helps

If you want to eliminate the ad altogether, just "disable" it in the Modules, Front Office Features - I did that and my Featured Products simply moved up to fill the space.

I remember tried that too to no avail..hmm perhaps I'm disabling the wrong modules? It was 'home ad' something if I'm not mistaken. My connection has been awful these past couple of days, I'll let you know how it goes asap.

anyone knows how to show the original small cart info at the top right corner in this wonderful theme?
I like to place it like the original prestashop before the "sign in"-button.

thanks in advanced for your help

I remember tried that too to no avail..hmm perhaps I'm disabling the wrong modules? It was 'home ad' something if I'm not mistaken. My connection has been awful these past couple of days, I'll let you know how it goes asap.

It is the module called Home Advertising - on mine it is at the very top of the list - if you click on "configure" you can change the picture, if you click on "disable" it disappears - at least on mine it did. You may need to refresh your browser or go into Preferences - Performance - Force Compile (check "yes"), Cache (check "no") - I had to do this for another issue I was having (so I'm not sure if this will help or not - it has to do with the Smarty templating engine and I have to admit a lot of ignorance where Smarty is concerned).

anyone knows how to show the original small cart info at the top right corner in this wonderful theme?
I like to place it like the original prestashop before the "sign in"-button.

thanks in advanced for your help

Try to follow crystalphoenix18's replies...

Hi C, disabling Home Ads went through smoothly. But how do I move module from anywhere to the left side menu on alt theme? Clicking 'edit' on modules>positions shows grayed text and hook, can't seems to change anything.

Hi C, disabling Home Ads went through smoothly. But how do I move module from anywhere to the left side menu on alt theme? Clicking 'edit' on modules>positions shows grayed text and hook, can't seems to change anything.

Hi HST - use the "transplant a module" at the top of the page rather than the "edit" function in the "positions" page. There you should be able to select the module you want and "hook" it into the area you want. Don't forget to "enable" it on the main Modules page under "front office features". HTH!

Hi HST - use the "transplant a module" at the top of the page rather than the "edit" function in the "positions" page. There you should be able to select the module you want and "hook" it into the area you want. Don't forget to "enable" it on the main Modules page under "front office features". HTH!

oy, I feel really stupid for missing that small button.. thanks for the help, C!

Hi
Dont suppose any one can help me.
Ive just installed this template but now nothing loads on the page.
HTTP 500 internal server error

If i uninstall the categories top module the page loads.

Any ideas?

Hi
Dont suppose any one can help me.
Ive just installed this template but now nothing loads on the page.
HTTP 500 internal server error

If i uninstall the categories top module the page loads.

Any ideas?

Then the problem's probably lies within your categories module. Have you been modified it in anyway?

Hey i installed the theme worked great! all you have to do in upload the zip!

I do have a question about the top navigation bar. When i installed it i was able to see all my categories in the top nav bar. a few days later i deleted a category and it was gone from top nav (thats what i wanted) then i created a new category and it does not display in the top navigation bar tried twice and nothing anyone have any ideas why and how to fix?

I cant enable new products on the homepage, its already hooked to Homepage content.

It does not show, but it does show on the left block.

What seems to be the problem? Anybody encountered the same?

I got my store in English and French but can't seem to get the search button or sign in button to change in French when the language is chosen. Eveything else fine.

I got my store in English and French but can't seem to get the search button or sign in button to change in French when the language is chosen. Eveything else fine.

I guess the language modules(?) is still work in progress; I tried to change some of the CMS pages and got an error regarding German translation...which I have disabled beforehand. Eventually I was forced to delete the German language altogether to expel the troublesome and confusing error.

Mind you, Prestashop does not translate every menu and every button. Some are bound to be left in English.

just a quick question about the Home Advertising module.. does anyone know how to add a link to the image?? i want to utilise this image to direct people to one of my products websites that i will be featuring!!! its driving me crazy.. lol..

I installed this template but doesn't work correctly.

Please look at: http://www.pfeil.es

Some block doesn't appear, but they are enabled ( best sales, new products, ...) and I deleted the block " Our stores " but it appears.

When I enabled the block " Categories block (top) v1.0 " everything disappears and I have the following message:

Error de HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error): Se ha detectado una condiciĆ³n inesperada cuando el servidor intentaba atender la solicitud.

Any idea?

I tried to delete the directories and the new modules with the ftp but I can't

the module that comes with it involving blocktopcategories is corrupt. I have to remove this module to see the theme.

just a quick question about the Home Advertising module.. does anyone know how to add a link to the image?? i want to utilise this image to direct people to one of my products websites that i will be featuring!!! its driving me crazy.. lol..

unfortunately you can only direct this to a single URL since it's an animated gif. Opting to a carousel might give you the results you're trying to achieve.

unfortunately you can only direct this to a single URL since it's an animated gif. Opting to a carousel might give you the results you're trying to achieve.

I think that is a different module, on the Home Advertising Module there is only an option to change the image, no link option.

I found that in modules/blockadhome & edited the tpl file as so:

Hope that is what the questioner was referring to and that it helps. Just new to Prestashop and liking it so far, mostly playing with theme alterations so I can style to suit a client.

Neil

Hi,

I installed and deleted this theme two or three times and I always have the same problem.

I can not use the module Categories Bloq Top but I receive the following error message:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in var/www/vhosts/modules/blockcategoriestop/blockcategoriestop.tpl line 6]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $link->getCategoryLink($blockcategoriestop_category.id_category, $blockcategoriestop_category.link_rewrite, $cookie->id_lang ) (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in /var/www/vhosts/catalog/tools/smarty_v2/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I solved this first problem I turn the Smarty compile to 3 ( Preferences ).

But it doesn't look well

http://www.pfeil.es/catalog/

Any help?

Sorry for my English.

anyone know how to change the text on buttons? since i have 2 languages i want them to change, and i saw that the button image doesn't have text on it by default!

Am I authorized to modify this template for my own use, like color, font and pictures?
Do you know which files I have to modify?

regards

Am I authorized to modify this template for my own use, like color, font and pictures?
Do you know which files I have to modify?

regards

Hi floundso

Welcome to Prestashop.

You can do what ever you wish with the themes. I learnt by trial and error about what the different modules did, where to find them and how to modify them. Theres lots of help on the forums and alot of what you will need to know will have already been answered.

Enjoy

Hi All,

I'm trying to install the new Alternative theme for PS 1.4 with the theme-installer, but I get the following error:
"Error during zip extraction".

Manually installing the theme and the modules works fine, but positioning the modules (hooks) is a nightmare!
Can anybody send a screenshot (Back Office > Modules > Positions) with the correct positions of all the modules?

My server is not running in safe-mode, also all the file permissions are set correctly. I'm running PHP in FastCGI mode.

Thanks!

Hi mate,

Hooks configuration is very easy.
open "config.xml" file via Notepad++ (which is in the"prestashop_altz" root directory)
it says everything
i hope it will be usefull for you.

does anyone who knows why CMS-block doesn't display when i change language.?

edit: and now i noticed that the logo from module:blockheaderlogos floats with the side when i scroll down, and i've not edited any CSS yet

edit2: just re-installed the module:blockheaderlogos and that solved the logo problem ;P still having trouble with the CMS-block tho

I too am using this theme.

@nielsoon-try un-zipping your prestashop_alt theme folder on your computer and re-zipping the content again. Then try and use the theme installer to install your alt_Theme. This happened to me and thats what i did to get it to work.

Prestasshop_alt folder

Modules folder <--has all module for the alt theme
theme folder <--has the folder with theme name and in that should be all theme files
config.xml <--information to configure everything

If you unzip the theme folder and it's not set up like this you may run into trouble installing that theme.

does anyone who knows why CMS-block doesn't display when i change language.?

edit: and now i noticed that the logo from module:blockheaderlogos floats with the side when i scroll down, and i've not edited any CSS yet

edit2: just re-installed the module:blockheaderlogos and that solved the logo problem ;P still having trouble with the CMS-block tho

And now it's solved, i installed a secondary Swedish language and used SE prefix instead of SV, and the new swedish language didn't work but the original one started to work as intended! strange but finally!!

does anyone know how to re-size the home advertising module.
I'd like to make it so big as the image in the editorial.

See attachment

43227_t3CnPCQlounaAeHgdUo2_t

Hi

Been having this problem as well, but no matter where I put the above code in global.css I cant seem to fix it.
What position in the global.css should it go?

Thanks